Is it possible to paint fence and not drip on next doors side ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If I'm careful and build up light coats is this possible ?
Or am I being unrealistic ?
Thankd

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
If you own the fence, it's yours. Including the side that your neighbour's see.
In theory, it's on your land.
I try to be careful when doing mine, I wonder if those sprayers might be less likely to bleed through ?

Those sprayers you pump by hand are useless and a waste of money for fence spraying. They may be ok for spraying weed killer/lawn feed but for 'paint' spraying you need a constant pressure.
What type of fence is it? Vertical boards butted up to each other or overlapped? Or horizontals? If they are horizontal and the bottom of the overlap is on your side there should be minimal risk of it bleeding through to next door.

Thanks, it's at my daughters house, I'll have a proper look later.

if the neighbours have paving, it will be permanently marked by drips. If they have grass or plants they will be marked until it sheds and regrows.

Paint will dribble through knotholes and other gaps, whatever you do.

If your concerned and can do so, remove the panels and paint them on a tarp in the middle of the yard/garden.
Sprayers will also spray over everything else, the patio set, the dog, the car parked nearby etc. (horrible things).

Use a big brush and be careful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back