Is it possible to put a camera (possibly hidden) on my front door?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could I fit a camera, possibly hidden to record who comes to my door? I have WiFi (inside flat) and there's a plug socket on the upper right hand side of the door.
20240112_220627.jpg
20240112_220617.jpg

Sponsored Links
that socket probably not yours to use as its in a shared space

if your worried about security a hidden camera and say 2 dummy cameras the same will get any attack and satisfy the person he or she is now hidden

Sponsored Links
that socket probably not yours to use as its in a shared space

if your worried about security a hidden camera and say 2 dummy cameras the same will get any attack and satisfy the person he or she is now hidden
What is all that above the door for?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I believe the other people who use this communal area to access their home(s) would expect privacy in that area. Some people may not take kindly to being secretly filmed there. If they discover a hidden camera, the camera may get reinstalled in a place where the sun never shines.

A peephole camera or similar to those in “secret camera” clocks or such would work. Often they are motion triggered.
Legally you’d be on tricky ground.

However, 20 years ago or so I fitted a camera for a mate. She has a second floor flat with a big landing outside. The landing is effectively only for her flat, as the stairs up to it only lead to her landing/ front door.
infitted a shop type PIR to beep when someone comes upstairs, and a camera that views outside.
She had thought that she heard people outside her door and preferred to not open the door to find out.
There was a peephole, but its coverage was sucjh that someone could hide.
my camera covered the whole 10-15 square metre space.

I have eufy, WiFi, battery lasts months, motion triggered live to your phone. Not concealed but you could probably hide it with a grey plastic junction box with a hole in and make it look part of the TV stuff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back