Is it possible to repair a hole in a copper pipe?

Sponsored Links
no £30 but he doest have the same overheads as me does he?

and i would pay more if i had to

Thanks for the advice guys I fixed the problem this evening in about 10 mins. I cut the pipe either side of the hole flush with the joist edges using a loose hacksaw blade. This left a gap of around 70mm and I then fitted a 100mm burst pipe repair coupler from B&Q for £8. Turned on the water and checked for leaks so far so good. I can now use the money I saved to get the carpet relaid properly. Looks like my first attempt at a plumbing job went well. I'd now like to try getting a tap at the back of my house from the one at the front under the kitchen window lol!

fitting an outside tap is easy enough, you need to find a good point to take the water from first... ie a water pipe near the wall you want the tap, then you....

turn off the water
cut the pipe you want to take the water from
solder in a T Piece
attacher a small piece of pipe and a ISO valve
close the iso valve
Turn water back on

you now have a ISO valve ready for the outside tap,

drill a hole through the wall using a long drill bit and a good hammer drill
run a piece of copper through the wall
extend the copper outside if require and fit the tap to the wall.
Back inside the house cut the copper and fit corners ustill its attached to the ISO valve from ealier.
turno on iso valve and enjoy the outside tap.

from start to finish is about an hour job depending on how much copper pipe work you need to run.

Sponsored Links
£75 for a 5 min job and you done all the hard work for the plumber..... id have a go my self first then pay the £75 if i couldn't fix it.... end a day you cant make it any worse really

Oh no?

Well I go to some botched DIY jobs and see some total mess ups.

The one I liked best was this fellow who drilled a series of small holes in the floor to fit a carpet bar.

Only when he drilled into the water pipe and flooded the kitchen did he see the regular bubbles every 100mm from the gas pipe that he had drilled into!

id have a go my self first then pay the £75 if i couldn't fix it....

this is my point it would probably end up costing you more once youve ****ed it up and a plumber will be less likely to want to go to a job that has allready been started

ie on a sunday or during the football for example

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back