is it possible?

Reaction score
Country
United States
and I mean in the realm of the here and now, to send a link to anyone with a voice message ...I know you can send greeting cards with sound, and you can send photos, but is it relatively simple (this little word can be interpreted in any number of ways) to do this? Do you need any special attachment or software? :confused:

Sponsored Links
that was clear enough.
now....for a little fine tuning to my original post...what IF I didnt have windows?....in theory, could you still send a voice message? I hesitate to be more specific...as some get a little "caught up" on specifics...mere name dropping seems to get a back handed reply. I would like to send just a voice message...as a link to someone...I have quick time player and something else...dont ask me what, at this point...I just know it's there :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Does your phone allow you to record sound?

I've a SonyEricsson and it lets me send voice messages as a menu option "Text" "Picture" "Voice"

mlb3c said:
that was clear enough.
now....for a little fine tuning to my original post...what IF I didnt have windows?....in theory, could you still send a voice message? I hesitate to be more specific...as some get a little "caught up" on specifics...mere name dropping seems to get a back handed reply. I would like to send just a voice message...as a link to someone...I have quick time player and something else...dont ask me what, at this point...I just know it's there :rolleyes:
What is it exactly you want to do? Do you want to e-mail a sound clip? When you say "what if you didn't have windows" - do you mean you have some other operating software like linux or perhaps you're using a mac. If you tell us exactly what it is you would like to do, maybe we could be of more assistance.

yes, I have a mac. BUT......it's a crippled one. I know there arent many over there (apple that is) but my situation seems to be an isolated one. I happen to believe that there is a solution out there somewhere, but as soon as I mention OSX....everyone seems to clam up and that's that. I have a G3 ibook (powermac) purchased 3 years ago. I have no ethernet...it somehow got broken off the logic board (motherboard in a pc) and since it is not covered by the warranty (because it is detached rather than just not working)I just cant justify the $750.00 to have it repaired. So.....I have cable modem+Vonage(voip phone)+Belkin wireless router....my speed is good but signal strength is pretty much cr*p...(11) and that's without a firewall. I am planning (very soon) to add more ram....but at this time, cannot use msn messenger because since it went to "live" version doesnt play with mac....yahoo and skype show the same thing, that I am offline....yet sometimes I can send and receive messages while still showing I'm offline. My ISP is absolutely no use to me....their hardware is not mac compatible and where I live, there is no other choice but them (small town in the country)...those details out of the way....I want to be able to send a recording of a voice message to someone...where they can open it and listen to it....as in an email. I know I have quick time player....I think I have real time player and I really dont know what else this thing has...I'm discovering something new everyday. I would like someone to try and explain why I could not "cheat" and use a USB connection since I dont have ethernet...and if I purchase my own, what would be involved as far as my ISP's involvement. I hate being told, that "it cant be done" without it being explained as to why. ;) [/i]

thanks gcol....you were more helpful than the folks at the apple store. it looks like it's just the thing! :D

Sponsored Links
Back