is it single or 3 phase

Sponsored Links
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6trQR5e4baU
What a bizarre thing to do. Why go to all the effort of opening up the machine and replacing the flex rather than just not connecting L2 & L3 at the supply end? Nothing is done inside the machine to link L1-L2-L3, so all you're doing is not supplying anything to the L2 & L3 sections.

Maybe they tell you to do it that way because otherwise you won't find out that they've got all the colours wrong, and if you just fiddled with the supply end you'd end up only powering the L2 connection in the machine. :confused:

Sponsored Links
What a bizarre thing to do. Why go to all the effort of opening up the machine and replacing the flex rather than just not connecting L2 & L3 at the supply end? Nothing is done inside the machine to link L1-L2-L3, so all you're doing is not supplying anything to the L2 & L3 sections.

Maybe they tell you to do it that way because otherwise you won't find out that they've got all the colours wrong, and if you just fiddled with the supply end you'd end up only powering the L2 connection in the machine. :confused:

I know what you mean,you can just not connect L2 L3 at the socket end.

i think and i'm only guessing,that machine on youtube is new and changing the whole flex looks neater and new :D .

i've used the link to show that i got different answers to my original question,whether the dishwasher is single phase?

regards
Sam

Yes, it's industrial one and I had the exact model before.
If you're in the habit of buying industrial appliances you should learn more about how they use single- and multi-phase supplies in the various countries into which they are sold.

i'm afraid am not in habit of buying industrial appliances,i run a coffee shop which need a dishwasher.

at the moment i have an industrial dishwasher SINGLE PHASE and i need to change it since i'm not happy with it.

the one i'm interested on ebay, and i had one before similar single and i wanted to know whether i was right to think it is single as mentioned on the very first post.

i'm afraid am not in habit of buying industrial appliances,i run a coffee shop which need a dishwasher.
Then you must have an electrician to install it for you. Ask him to vet any possible purchases.

Also check on what your various liability insurances say about second hand and/or modified electrical appliances.

Thank you john for your replies,

Yes the same model .it was plugged to normal socket.
the socket started melting after a while. Then I swapped it to male/female 20a as a converter between the dishwasher socket and the 13a socket.

I don't know whether was right but it worked
Err--- you don't have or use an electrician, do you.

Are you aware that that's a criminal offence in your case?

[quote
Err--- you don't have or use an electrician, do you.

Are you aware that that's a criminal offence in your case?

what not to have an electrician :mrgreen:

please don't try to play detective, i have an electrician who less than six months ago installed my large oven with over 45amp rotary switch...etc.

my question from the original post,was for me to decide whether a simple purchase or going to cost me a lot to convert it.

if it is straight forward case then i'm happy for my electrician to do it.

if it is going to cost a lot by buying a converter or changing the motor then i'll skip the purchase.

it is for me to decide whether i'll buy it based on the final cost.

either way an electrician will have to install it .

I know what you mean,you can just not connect L2 L3 at the socket end.

i think and i'm only guessing,that machine on youtube is new and changing the whole flex looks neater and new :D .

i've used the link to show that i got different answers to my original question,whether the dishwasher is single phase?

regards
Sam

Nope not bizarre at all
The elements are star connected with a neutral tap, better to disconect at the dishwasher than having to insulate at the supply end
Your dishwasher will run fine single phase as its only the elements that utilise a three phase supply
Incidently you can utilise all three elements to use with a single phase supply providing the supply has the capacity and the flex is upgraded to suit

Ps I can see what you are getting at bas but I wouldn't say colours are 'wrong' though I would class the way its connected as 'bizzare' rather than 'wrong'

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back