Wanting to buy a 3 phase Pizza oven..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys I’ve been offered a 3 phase pizza oven at a decent price and was going to put it in the garage.

questions....

Is it a big/expensive job to enable the use of a 3phase appliance?

Can you convert it from 3 to single phase?

many thanks

Sponsored Links
Depends on what it has in the way of elements & possibly a fan, the elements should convert to single phase

Thanks for the input gents.

9.2kw is the output.
I’ve attached the spec plate here.

61019B27-16B7-44B0-9302-C7D30CCA573C.png

Sponsored Links
Do you eat that many pizza's or are you wanting to go into business delivering them?

It’s actually my son, he’s into baking and wants it for making bread in

No and not sure how too. Interested in know if it can be made to work and at what cost at the stage.

No unfortunately not, I message the producers in Italy but it was days ago so assume that they are not getting back. :(

I'd suggest you get an electricity meter from Ebay or similar if this oven sketch goes ahead.
Energy calcs are easy- look at your electricity bill, see what the cost per kwh is. Multiply that by 9.2 and there's your cost per hour to get it to temperature (think on my tarriff that'd be £1.10 per hour).
With that sort of load you might come unstuck if you have an electric shower in the house somewhere, you wouldn't want the 2 running at the same time

As others have said, it might be possible to reconfigure this to a single phase 230V supply (as can be done with alot of continental Hobs).

We would really need to see a schematic diagram of the oven to see if this is possible. If the elements are 400V then no chance, if 230V it may be possible. Even if the elements are 230V it isnt simply as simple as connecting the three 'lives' to a single phase supply - that would almost certainly result in a serverly overloaded internal neutral

At 9.2kW its going to pull around 40A from a single phase supply (broadly the same as a 'large' electric shower). In other words, if your incoming supply is 60A its going to use 66% of the available capacity. However, like all ovens, once its upto temperature it will cycle on & off only taking that 40A in short bursts.

Last edited:
It’s actually my son, he’s into baking and wants it for making bread in
I thought that pizza ovens were very hot (too hot for baking bread) - or is it perhaps possible to turn the temp down?

Kind Regards, John

... see what the cost per kwh is. Multiply that by 9.2 and there's your cost per hour to get it to temperature (think on my tarriff that'd be £1.10 per hour).
Indeed , but once it is 'up to temp' the running costs thereafter would probably be only a small fraction of that.

Kind Regards, John

Thanks again chaps all appreciated. I'm struggling to make a decision on this and do not think I will be able to obtain any kind of wire diagram.

I've had a look for replacement elements and they are 230v https://www.ascateringsupplies.com/...x-540mm-cuppone-bs430-2m-bscp-pizza-oven.html

Yes John the temp can be controlled top and bottom. Its potentially a decent oven for bread if we can convert and work within the height restrictions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back