pizza oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi went to a local bistro at the weekend the double pizza oven had lost its top oven now I know from experience that these double oven jobs are invariably 3 phase, so first of I open the cupboard wher the cu,s are and no three phase breakers but one marked "pizza oven" mmmm must be a single is my thought after removing 2 dozen pots and pans ladles etc I haul out the oven, data plate 400v 3 phase ????????????? cant remenber the wattage of the three elements I think 18 KW combined any way opened the cover and the three terminals are linked together and one link is burnt through and the screw is very loose, it is supplied from a 63 amp mcb so what I dont get is why the mcb does not trip when its on full belt, cable looks like 16mm fine strand rubber /rubber It works and works fine but is this kosher can it be run single and or three phase
DM

Sponsored Links
A 63A MCB can carry 78A continuously for in excess of 2hrs 46mins without tripping (time/current characteristics in BS7671).
The ovens will have thermostats too which will limit the maximum current being drawn for significant periods of time. That's why the MCB isn't tripping as expected.

I can't comment on the oven running on single phase though.
Is there no mention at all of a 230v rating?

anything that is just heating elements ( does it have a belt or is it a manual one? ) can be wired single phase..
a lot of "domestic" cookers are actually 2 or 3 phase and have shorting links installed..

while diversity doesn't apply as much to this oven as it does to domestic cookers ( due to the prolonged use etc ), the thermostats will still be cycling the elements on and off so it's not drawing full power constantly..

Tell them to get something like this instead....

wood%20pizza%20oven.jpg

:D

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys no mention of 230v and its not a pass through oven and BAS thats one proper and serious oven is it part of your barbie in the garden
DM

My only concern with the equipment is wether or not some of the internal neutrals are undersized for running on single phase, if a neutral from each phase is present at the connection terminal rail then shouldn't be a problem.
What size is the supply to the building?

Impossible to tell when I was there as the supply enters in a store area full of cooking oil, ladders, and a moped I am going back soon to do some PAT and a PIR
DM PS I really need to get a digi camera some of the things I find will amuse

Are there any legal requirements for the storage of gasoline in a commercial setting?

They quite often keep the mopeds in the back of the shop.
They usually have petrol in the tank.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back