what size of cable will i need for pizza oven, 3 Phase MCB?

Sponsored Links
Hi Tommy,

Have you noticed the number of posts made by sheddy, Holmslaw and Flameport? - about 38000 give or take a few.

I suggest you spend a bit of time reading a few of those before you say too much more, you might end up looking a bit silly. Heaven forbid that should happen :p

I suppose he's nitpickingly correct, there is obviously a time lag between switching on and the element producing full heat, so I should have said 99.999% rather than 100%.
I think you're probably being over-generous by saying that. As others have asked, if all the electrical energy isn't being turned into heat, where is it going? - and that applies' during that 'lag period' as much as at any other time.

However, I do agree that, for those who want to nitpick, the figure is inevitably a little less than 100% once it gets going - since, assuming that the element gets red hot, some of the energy ends up as light rather than heat. However, as you say, this is serious nitpicking!

Kind Regards, John.

If you have the time you should go and do your HNC in Electrical Engineering it will help you understand a bit better.
I have a HNC in Electrical and Electronic Engineering which I was studying at the time when I wrote the answer on page 2.
Not really a qualification to start out on without any theory background, might be better doing a National Certificate first if he chooses to go that route, albeit the OP has probably disappeared now.

Sponsored Links
100% efficient who are you kidding that would be a first. I take it now of yous have completed a Electrical Design course, it just shows when you can only pick fault with gramer and terminology you have ran out of meaningful dialogue.
This utterly imcompetent use of English suggests that the author is equally incompetent in other fields too. So no one's going to believe what he says in electrical matters.

100% efficient who are you kidding that would be a first. I take it now of yous have completed a Electrical Design course, it just shows when you can only pick fault with gramer and terminology you have ran out of meaningful dialogue.
This utterly incompetent use of English suggests that the author is equally incompetent in other fields too. So no one's going to believe what he says in electrical matters.

[/quote]
This utterly incompetent use of English suggests that the author is equally incompetent in other fields too. So no one's going to believe what he says in electrical matters.[/quote]

What a load of rubbish, my Spanish isn't quite up to scratch but it doesn't affect my competence in other areas whatsoever. I would agree with you if English is this guy's first language but that is rather an assumption to make on the basis of the posts he has submitted.

Seven pages and no one has yet calculated the load of the oven correctly!

This oven's rating plate says 18.5kW, 415V. So the oven current for 415V is
18,500 / (√ 3 * 415) = 25.74A per phase.

But it's connected to 400V mains, so the current taken by the appliance is
25.74 * 400 / 415 = 24.8A,

7.7% lower than the calculations that assumed the resistance of the oven's elements would magically change to maintain 18500W when connected to 400V.

:rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back