what size of cable will i need for pizza oven, 3 Phase MCB?

Sponsored Links
You would not need to RCD protect a buried cable in a commercial application
not true.. that rule applies to all installations, not just houses..
especially if it s going to be done in SWA.
we don't know that it will be done in SWA.. the client might want white surface plastic conduit and trunking.. ( which still wouldn't need RCD since it's surface but the point is we don't know the installation metod.. )

I am yet to see a pizza oven with a conveyor?

really? my pizza place uses one..

LLK5075.jpg

Any spark who considers it necessary to RCD protect every circuit in a commercial application needs their head testing. There are many reasons why you would want to ommit this RCD protection, and it is perfectly permissible to do so under several circumstances. I would not RCD protect it.

I said IF it was installed in SWA. It was an example if you re-read.

SO yo can get a pizza oven with a conveyor. I have still never seen one. The motor is unlikely to have a huge switch on surge though! However, a type C would be fine any way, and you would be checking the Zs (or hopefully calcing it first before install) regardless of if you used a B or C.

You get them like that in Turkey. A little cleaner though - it looks a little too dirty in that pic with the ash and soot.

Sponsored Links
You get them like that in most countries except this one, where people think that you can't eat bread with a little bit of ash/soot on the base... ;)

A good one will cook a pizza in about 90s....

Hi

I'm not long qualified myself, hear is the formula your are looking for

kw/(1.73x400x0.8(pf)x0.9(eff))= 37A. As this load has a high start up current if you are using an mcb then you can use a C type or a D type, depending on your installation you can also use a BS88 Gg which is also desiged for motors. this is the ampage across each phase.
If you have the time you should go and do your HNC in Electrical Engineering it will help you understand a bit better.

All the best hope I'm not to late to help

Tomatamis

Er, almost two years ago so I think it's safe to say you are too late!

Sorry

It should be a BS 88-6 gm for motors not a BS 88Gg my mistake.

Tomatamis

Not to worry better late than never as they say, it might help someone else, I don't mind helping a fellow spark.

I take it you agree with my formula, thats the main point.
Tomatamis

The formula I gave was for Industral motors as a example only, Wise cracks are for less well educated people.

Tomatamis

100% efficient who are you kidding that would be a first. I take it now of yous have completed a Electrical Design course, it just shows when you can only pick fault with gramer and terminology you have ran out of meaningful dialogue.

Tomatamis

100% efficient who are you kidding that would be a first
Really?
Please explain how an electric heating element can be less than 100% efficient.

If for example 95% of the input energy was being converted to heat, what happens to the other 5% ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back