Is it worth breaking this old porch floor up?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Its solid but not insulated, is it worth the effort to add 100mm of Celotex in a small porch? It’s 270mm thick so would think sand, visqueen, Celotex then concrete.

Otherwise I thought to cut it back a few inches and feed some Celotex vertically between the floor and new walls.

C7242937-680B-44CF-8415-3BFCB44AFC7F.jpeg

Sponsored Links
As with any structure, it's the quality of construction which dictates the future performance. Also, what do you want from it?
There is a risk of a mouldy (smelly) floor, if it becomes a condensation trap. If it just going to be somewhere to keep the rain off whilst you take wet outer clothing off, then don't bother.

She will want it more of a fancy entrance so I think i’ll break it up. There’s 2 layers to it, brick and concrete, then broken roof tiles and concrete so probably is best off being done again. Thanks :)

Sponsored Links
Breaking it up was easy, getting rid of all the crap will be a pain!!

D432D18B-9492-4F98-86ED-4BB932B1F254.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back