Is it worth having a system that will ring you up?

First post here! Actually my other topic will be Yale related but minor.

So they could not find a way to disable the alarm . funny thing is all the pros on here seem to think the yales are easy to defeat. Not so - similar thing with one of my clients. You were lucky after button bashing the panel they decided to try and break open the panel . It all failed and the alarm kept triggering for two hours until the workmen had left.

No they never defeated it. But I guess they couldn't do much without damaging it. They just kept setting the thing off the whole day. After a certain period, alarm would stop and system would re-arm automatically. Then they'd walk past a PIR, set the thing off and the whole thing would start over again.

The guy across the road got the house builder to install an alarm before they moved in..... It has the same functions and cost him £800! So I do feel I've saved some money. :)

Sponsored Links
So they could not find a way to disable the alarm . funny thing is all the pros on here seem to think the yales are easy to defeat.

Funny thing is we know they are and so so the insurance companies.

Keep sneaking in the remarks, we`ll keep it real :D

My a apologies but i needed redcare on a business premises and we had to have a new dedicated line installed.
Maybe BT have conned me??
As I recall it RedCare requires a metalic pair between exchange and monitored premises so if the business was served by fibre or cable phone service then BT were correct in requiring an additional line.

A line for cable yes.
For fibre no.

So if indeed it was cable then I apologise.
Full details would have given the precise answer needed.

Sponsored Links
At my old job we used to have one that went off every time so much as a piece of paper floated to the floor, but then got broken into 3 times so was worth having one that sensitive. It called one of us and we did oncall style shifts with the phone. If you were oncall you basically agreed to be at home for those few days. Only trouble was that it was either a waste of time (no one there) or when it was a really break in had to go and potentially handle the cretins themselves - lose lose situation!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back