Is my Beko Fridge Freezer worth repairing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Beko model number FG994, It still is in very good condition and I would rather repair than replace.

The fault is that it switches on OK then after about 10 seconds it cuts off. The motor and fan seem to be working OK

I would be grateful if someone could tell me if it is repairable or just to buy a new one - This is the correct size for the space - I have spent hours on line looking for a new one of the same dimensions - easier if repairable.

Sponsored Links
How can you have a machine that is in good order, and state that the motor, and fan cut off after 10 seconds? In my book that is not good order?

To me, the pre-start for the main motor is fubar, the main motor has a pre-start motor, and low voltage dips, cause this to burn out...so 10 second running, is causing too much stress on the motor, causing a trip.?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back