Is Phil Taylor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imamartian

... the best sports star the world has ever seen?

Darts doesn't require you to be particularly fit or strong, but then nor does shooting, or table tennis?... But to dominate a sport the way The Power has (and still IS..) is just incredible...

And i suspect darts is more a mind game than anything else....

Incredible bloke !!

Sponsored Links

Darts doesn't require you to be particularly fit or strong, but then nor does shooting, or table tennis?... But to dominate a sport the way The Power has (and still IS..) is just incredible...

Incredible bloke !!

no......that would be Barry Sheene

Incredible bloke !!

interesting... so how many world titles did Sheene win?

Incredible bloke !!

Barry sheene was crap at darts
but he was my hero, i had a replica helmet of his when i was 17 haha

Sponsored Links

Incredible bloke !!

Barry sheene was crap at darts

but he was my hero, i had a replica helmet of his when i was 17 haha

we don't need to know anything about your helmet - this is a family site !!!

so how many titltes does Sheene hold?

In answer to your question, definatly not, probably not even in the top ten.
I think great would also mean you are recognisable with just one name, ie;

1 Ali, 2 Henry, 3 Barry, 4 Valentino, 5 Linford, 6 Daley, 7 Torville 8 Dean 9 Capes, 10 Best

1 Ali, 2 Henry, 3 Barry, 4 Valentino, 5 Linford, 6 Daley, 7 Torville 8 Dean 9 Capes, 10 Best

Torville and Dean? won a gold medal..... "The Power" has 70 titles to his names, and has dominated for 20 years? I think Lineker, Messi, Gascoine and Peter Purvis would think Jane Torvill on the 'B' list !!!

its darts.....................anyone can play darts!!!!!!.....even me......tho eddiem is a bit sh*t at it.......

Thank you...

And a serious point... a sportsperson that dominates a sport in the way Taylor has and is doing needs to be recognised !!

Torville and Dean? won a gold medal..... "The Power" has 70 titles to his names, and has dominated for 20 years? I think Lineker, Messi, Gascoine and Peter Purvis would think Jane Torvill on the 'B' list !!!

I've heard of Lineker and Gascoine, they do the Walkers crisp adverts, but Messi never heard of him and Peter Purvis, was he on Blue Peter?

I shouldn't respond... but what about archery then? or shooting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back