Is plastic solvent weld pipe ok as Pressure/Temp relief for UVC?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My plumber has laid PVC 32mm solvent weld waste pipe ready for the pressure and temperature relief drainage for a new 90l unvented indirect cylinder.

Is this ok? I thought metal was recommended but he says it is high temp waste pipe.

Will it cause me problems on an annual inspection?

Here's a pic of the pipe label.

Thanks for any advice!

22-01-15 10-20-52 0729.jpg

Sponsored Links
MuPVC or PVC-C are acceptable, as is Polypropylene push-fit, but the standard PVC you have there is not. Is your installer G3 Registered, as is required to fit an unvented cylinder?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. Yes he is G3 Registered, so it makes for an awkward conversation - which is why I was checking here.

I specced the 90l cylinder. This is a Summer house annexe with a single shower. It will have the biggest coil I can get in it (22kW) I wanted rapid re-heat, but not to waste energy heating lots of water then not using it.

One more pipe question. The floor is a screed on top of 150mm PIR. I need to bring the level up, so I'm planning to add another 40mm PIR on top of the screed followed by leveling compound with the finished floor on top of that. The pipe will run in the floor in the PIR. It is about 9 to 10m total run with 3 elbows.

Is the pushfit PP pipe ok to go in the floor? Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back