Is the British car industry going to die?

I can understand where this is coming from. This is textbook business advice from the likes of the major consultancies and business schools - focus on higher margin work.

This same advice was given to US companies in the PC market who started to slowly outsource their work, first simple components and then semi finished parts to full products to then becoming ODM and finally starting to market their own products under their own brands.

Now Lenovo is the largest PC manufacturer in the world and 3 of the top 6 are based in the far east.

It's perfectly sensible advice in the short term to move out of less profitable businesses but in the long term you keep on doing it until you are simply left with a brand and a hollow product.

Hmm, not sure I agree ARM designed most of the world's processors but have Never had a fab plant.

Sponsored Links
I'm not convinced that battery powered cars are the future anyway. Level 5 autonomy is decades away.

Maybe fuel cells are the way forward?

I'm not convinced that battery powered cars are the future anyway. Level 5 autonomy is decades away.

Hmm. Maybe Unicorns or fire breathing dragons.

Dont think we will stop after we regress to Edwardian times, nostalgia for the time of King Arthur will bubble up. It was better in my day of mud huts and open defecation.

I can remember reading about the future of tvs:

'One day they will be able to hang on the wall as flat as a picture and 5x bigger'.

Nah thatll never happen, thats as silly as my watch being a phone :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh, and one day the British public will vote to leave the EU......nah that could never happen :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
I can remember reading about the future of tvs:

'One day they will be able to hang on the wall as flat as a picture and 5x bigger'.

Nah thatll never happen, thats as silly as my watch being a phone :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh, and one day the British public will vote to leave the EU......nah that could never happen :ROFLMAO:

It's mired with problems, there's not enough lithium (current battery tech) in the world to power cars at the current ownership rate, level 5 autonomy comes with legal issues, if you as the "driver" have no control over the vehicle, who is culpable in the event of an accident? Flat screen Tv's don't have these issues.

It's mired with problems, there's not enough lithium (current battery tech) in the world to power cars at the current ownership rate, level 5 autonomy comes with legal issues, if you as the "driver" have no control over the vehicle, who is culpable in the event of an accident? Flat screen Tv's don't have these issues.

Stop being so negative. When we achieve escape velocity on 1st of November we will have level 6 autonomous cars before 2020, you just have to believe, or was that 2070, somebody did mention 50 years of wandering in the wilderness until we chance upon the promised land.

Stop being so negative. When we achieve escape velocity on 1st of November we will have level 6 autonomous cars before 2020, you just have to believe, or was that 2070, somebody did mention 50 years of wandering in the wilderness until we chance upon the promised land.

Same time as viable fusion then I guess?

Same time as viable fusion then I guess?

Boris has that one sorted. Fission, Fusion, they sound the same. Onwards and upwards. The only thing holding us back is lack of vision, we can build castles on sand!

Boris has that one sorted. Fission, Fusion, they sound the same. Onwards and upwards. The only thing holding us back is lack of vision, we can build castles on sand!
Im sure Boris would have the Irish backstop and nuclear fusion all sorted in a day and still have an early finish (y)

Electric cars

Possibly ? The oldest electric car ever built is up for auction

The wholly original Riker Electric was owned and raced by Andrew Riker

Founder of the Riker Electric car company

It was raced at numerous venues and came 1st in the 50 mile road race in long Island

It was reported to be able to reach a speed of 40 mph and could travel 50 miles on a single charge

Built in 1898. ;)

Electric cars

It was raced at numerous venues and came 1st in the 50 mile road race in long Island

It was reported to be able to reach a speed of 40 mph and could travel 50 miles on a single charge

Built in 1898. ;)

I vote for Transam:

The new Minister for Cars UK :ROFLMAO:

Electric cars

Built in 1898. ;)

Auction is in the states

It was the first car registered in the state of New York and probably the first in the US ?

Sponsored Links
Back