Is the May 17th reopening a mistake?

Sponsored Links
I think we have done what is called live testing.

1.34 billion vaccines have been given.

If it was as dangerous as you and other fearmongers keep claiming it to be then we'd expect to see some reports of people dying by now. As it is, we are saving millions of lives and helping get the world back in business.
Would you care to share with us the conclusions of any long term testing of these vaccines, whether used as a single 'make' or as a cocktail of different versions?

'Live testing' usually takes place over several years to determine any complications that may arise in the future...

What is happening now is the biggest human guinea pig experiment in history...

If you're happy to go along with in then fine...

Some people with independent thought might just like to wait and see what happens to the 'jabbed ones' in the future...

If of course we're allowed to read of any 'problems'!

Some people with independent thought might just like to wait and see what happens to the 'jabbed ones' in the future...
Those with independent thought can exercise that thought to have, or not have the vaccine.
Independent thought is not the sole preserve of anti-vaxxers.

Again, being allowed to read of any problems is not the sole preserve of anti-vaxxers.
Those who have chosen to have the vaccine are equally able to read of the problems and make an informed choice based on the problems of having the vaccine compared to not having the vaccine.

You're fixated on this notion that anti-vaxxers are more intelligent than those that choose to have the vaccine. It's a false notion.

Would you care to share with us the conclusions of any long term testing of these vaccines

You asked this before, same answer applies.

How is this different to flu vaccines, polio, measles etc? All these vaccines were created and administered pretty much straight away, without wasting years (and millions of lives) doing tests. Plus, medicine has advanced massively in recent years. Do you really think that the people making vaccines are just making it up as they go along, and don't know how the vaccines they create affect people?

But don't take my word for it, here's what the scientists say:

"There is no question that the current vaccines are effective and safe."

I could quote more, but it will not change your opinion so there is little point.

Sponsored Links
This is where they expect us to be from a recent brief

VaccineEffect.jpg

Based on this but I suspect they have used 28day figures. There are holes in that and showing younger deaths would need a log scale. Also age determines to some extent the treatment they can offer, also according to studies how busy they are

VaccineNoneDeaths.jpg

Maybe they can also expect and increase in asymptotics and also more people will be "vaccinated" naturally by catching it. When people are "vaccinated" one way or the other that normally means the period where they can infect others reduces, based on other viral diseases.

Crunch time in some respects comes when masks are dropped. In the mean time person to person infection can pass as it has done with mask use. ;) Try following some one who is vaping especially if there is a slight breeze and even without one.

:confused: It's not unreasonable to assume that over time, maybe years everybody will be infected with it.

Would you care to share with us the conclusions of any long term testing of these vaccines, whether used as a single 'make' or as a cocktail of different versions?

'Live testing' usually takes place over several years to determine any complications that may arise in the future...

What is happening now is the biggest human guinea pig experiment in history...

If you're happy to go along with in then fine...

You are paranoid mushkins. I do hope you haven't got a microwave, mobile phone, smart meter, walk under pylons, go out in a storm etc etc. We might find out in years to come these cause illness.
Option 2, grow a pair, just a teeny weeny tiny pair will do for starters. Then get vaxed. It's about all of us, yodig!

It's not unreasonable to assume that over time, maybe years everybody will be infected with it.

Very likely. Hopefully within 5-10 years it will be like a common cold, people will catch it but their immune systems will fight it. We just need to get there without another 3.3 million deaths.

Things are not looking good in India, and it could still spread more in South America, China and the rest of Asia, Africa ... they don't have as many vaccines as we do.
And once the west starts driving the economy, they will be under more pressure the all get back to the factories.

@motorbiking tends to take a too simplistic view of the economics. It's been said that current interest payments are no worse than they used to be. There is a simple reason for that - what happens if a borrower can't pay them. They go broke and the lender looses all. When that happens to a country - the red cross etc start dropping food parcels to feed the population. We aren't the only country with problems.

As the person from the IMF said early on in a jokular fashion - keep all of your receipts, plenty of money will be available and interest rates really will be low. They have to be to keep the machine going.

There are large parts of the UK economy running on fumes, relying on Furlough to pay workers... Services, leisure, travel, transport etc.. have all been highly impacted by lockdown. Its not about the government borrowing on its own, its individual businesses.

its individual businesses.
as I mentioned in my following post - effects TBD but it could result in many businesses running on minimum numbers of people, increased prices in several areas and hence inflation. Noises about it are starting to get into the news.

There has been talk of negative interest rates. Borrow some and the lender will pay the borrower regular interest on the loan.

High debt that can't be paid can be handled by keeping interest rates really low. Those can encourage more debt. Increasing rates is intended to control inflation. Inflation is needed as deflation is seen as a very bad idea. Makes the books look bad as inflation may be the only reason for apparent growth really.

It all smells of being a broken system that is propping itself up as replacing it ???????????????? Bubbles always burst eventually.

So none of that sounds an alarm in your head that the economy will be severely impacted? In which case who funds the Gen2 vaccines and the hospitals etc. It can so easily spiral.

If the scales are the same, it doesn't look so scary:

View attachment 233420

It's not meant to be scary. It's just showing facts. Your hooked up in the view that it's all about scaring people.

It also doesn't show the hidden catch - chances of surviving treatment and the state people are in after receiving it. Death is only one aspect of it all. For instance in the recent wave the system has been clogged up with 30 odd olds in need of oxygen - what do you think happens if they don't get it? 50's were heavily evident in both waves - people who often need longer treatment.

Not here in London.
I loved the first lockdown, I was the only one on the road for miles and miles.
Bring on more lockdown I say!

Same here. I usually stay away from busy, main roads when cycling or go out of town into the country. First lockdown, the roads were like they were in the 70s and it was safe to cycle anywhere, even peak times. Suppose that is what it will be like when the climate emergency bowllux really kicks in and cars become the preserve of the wealthy again. It will be pushbikes or scooters for the masses.

Lockdowns are like buses. The Indian scariant will arrive just in time for the autumn flu season, then it's back into hibernation.

Sponsored Links
Back