Is the May 17th reopening a mistake?

But don't take my word for it, here's what the scientists say:

"There is no question that the current vaccines are effective and safe."

I could quote more, but it will not change your opinion so there is little point.
Remember Thalidomide?

Totally safe according to what the 'scientists said'

Remember Factor 8?

I could 'quote more', but it won't change your opinion/gullible approach!

Sponsored Links
Are we looking at the same graphs? That it killed one quarter to one third of over 80s that caught it?

He's missing the ~1,000,000 who caught it who are in need of treatment for after effects as well.

He's missing the ~1,000,000 who caught it who are in need of treatment for after effects as well.
Well really his view is that we shouldn't have had any lockdowns at all and just continued as normal because it's no worse than the Flu.

Sponsored Links
Would you care to share with us the conclusions of any long term testing of these vaccines, whether used as a single 'make' or as a cocktail of different versions?

'Live testing' usually takes place over several years to determine any complications that may arise in the future...

What is happening now is the biggest human guinea pig experiment in history...

If you're happy to go along with in then fine...

Some people with independent thought might just like to wait and see what happens to the 'jabbed ones' in the future...

If of course we're allowed to read of any 'problems'!

Ellal, you never talk about the vaccine in context.
The risk is not vaccine versus no vaccine
The risk is vaccine versus risk of Covid and variants.

"let's see what happens to the jabbed ones"......well aren't you lucky, it's those jabbed ones that are massively reducing your risk of getting Covid.

Remember Thalidomide?

Remember Factor 8?

I could 'quote more', but it won't change your opinion/gullible approach!

Thalidomide is a drug....totally different from a vaccine.
As I am sure you already know.

Are we looking at the same graphs? That it killed one quarter to one third of over 80s that caught it?
Well, I didn't produce the graph that ajohn posted.

Here it is again:

upload_2021-5-12_19-54-9.png

Here is one from Portugal to which I did the same a while ago (before the latest wave).

upload_2021-5-12_19-56-11.png

Could it be the UK one is not correct?

Please also bear in mind the non Covid and economic downsides of continued lockdowns and restrictions. My kids are having their eduction and futures destroyed, and the effect on their social development is shocking. And there's the mental health affects on people.

Now, I'm not saying these issues are all more important than containing Covid but there is inevitably a balance to be settled on. Of course we can't allow high death rates and of course every death is tragic but we cannot all live in such a restricted way until it's all but gone. They'll be nothing left if we do.

I am happier that my kids missed some school and didn't have to watch their parents and grandparents get cremated.
Yes, education has suffered, but it is not the end of the world and all kids are in the same boat. Those that want to will catch up.

Read today somewhere that violent crimes, including those against children, fell last year. Likely related to people not going out and getting drunk.

"Covid-19 restrictions led to the sharpest fall in violent crime for at least 20 years, a report suggests."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57070883

Yes. domestic violence has been a problem. But that doesn't mean this drop in general violence is not a good thing.

Yes, education has suffered, but it is not the end of the world and all kids are in the same boat.

Great, as long as all kids are thick and socially inept, that's fine then.

According to the NSPCC there has been a 32% increase in child abuse during lockdown.

Please also bear in mind the non Covid and economic downsides of continued lockdowns and restrictions. My kids are having their eduction and futures destroyed, and the effect on their social development is shocking. And there's the mental health affects on people.

Now, I'm not saying these issues are all more important than containing Covid but there is inevitably a balance to be settled on. Of course we can't allow high death rates and of course every death is tragic but we cannot all live in such a restricted way until it's all but gone. They'll be nothing left if we do.
I think with the high level of vaccination and the data saying it's very effective at reduced transmission and hospital admissions, I think we have reached a point where the risk is acceptable to continue with coming out of lockdown.

Its been unbelievably hard on children and parents

Sponsored Links
Back