Is the NHS up for sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Indeed I do...but I do not directly employ scroungers....By definition...they donot work

Durhamplumber says he wouldnt give his money to prevent a war veteran becoming homeless.
Durhamplumber says he wouldnt give money to somebody dying of cancer
Durhamplumber says Im a Tory so fck em all.

Durhamplumber says he wouldnt give his money to prevent a war veteran becoming homeless.
Durhamplumber says he wouldnt give money to somebody dying of cancer
Durhamplumber says Im a Tory so fck em all.
As usual...you are deluded.

The idea that we'd give up the NHS's ability to force lower drugs prices is really quite worrying. In the US their closest equivalent, Medicare, is forced by law not to do it, which means they pay a fortune for drugs.

Most people don't mind paying a bit more for the NHS to improve the service, but most people probably wouldn't like paying more (a hell of a lot more) just to do what it currently does.

That and the longer patents mentioned in those documents would be a very expensive change for the worse. Hopefully it won't happen, irrespective of Brexit.

To give you one example theres a load of drugs called Biologics, the earliest examples of them came out of patent in the UK last year. Going to the off-patent version (Biosimilars) saved roughly 150 million a year.

The US has slightly different rules for patent length so they won't get off patent Biosimilars for another three or four years I believe. If we were stuck to the longer patents then that's hundreds of millions more to pay.

If we were stuck to the US prices then that'd be even higher as they pay anything from 30% more to three times what we pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back