Is the problem the wiring or the appliance (double oven)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just swapped a double oven for a new one. The wiring is all as recommended (45 amp double pole switch etc), the ovens requirement is 30 amps, nothing has been changed except the oven on the end of it, and whilst the top oven & clock etc work fine the main oven is not working (the red LED for it will not even come on). Before I get onto the retailer/manufacturer (it was an ex-display), is there anything in the wiring that could cause this?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
If everything was working fine prior to new appliance being installed, I'd presume the appliance is faulty as part of it does work and part of it does not.

as it is an ex display, the chances are that it has been nobbled to stop people turning the ovens on..
either there is a link missing in the connection box on the oven itself, something inside has been disconnected, or on some models there is a button sequence that locks out the actual ovens.. so just the lights and clock etc work..

what is the model of the oven?

Problem solved - the main oven won't work unless the clocks is set! Doesn't mention it in the manual.

Its a belling in case this helps anyon in the future

Sponsored Links
Problem solved - the main oven won't work unless the clocks is set!
That's also an easy one to miss where a CU is changed in a house.
Board changed, all tested, power back on, everything working.

Customer calls later claiming you broke the cooker - not broken at all, but the clock needs be be reset after the extended power loss.

That's a safety feature of many ovens - It stops them coming on unexpectedly if there should be a power cut, and they aren't switched off before the power is restored.

That's a safety feature of many ovens - It stops them coming on unexpectedly if there should be a power cut, and they aren't switched off before the power is restored.

Its also a feature of the timer - the clock can actually turn off the oven / grill when the timer is up and nobody responds within a certain time (or you can set it to turn off anyway)

Ours does this, and its gas. When power is restored, I can hear the valve or contactor or something clunking open when the clock is set (just has to be adjusted by a minute). Good stuff.

It will say somewhere in the manual that the clock has to be set. Unless the dogs chewed it up.

ban, when our dog (chocolate labrador) was a pup, she chewed the artex off the kitchen wall, and the plastic off a thermo rad valve. I kid ye not. She also managed to drag a 28 pack of walkers off the worktop and devour the contents of every packet. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back