Is there any glue that will fix this please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, is there a glue that would be strong enough to glue this axle bush off my sons remote control car, tried superglue but didn't think it would last and it didn't!?

Attachments

• 20231013_142753.jpg
    20231013_142753.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 20231013_142745.jpg
    20231013_142745.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 20231013_142629.jpg
    20231013_142629.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 20231013_142615.jpg
    20231013_142615.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 93
Sponsored Links
A very difficult one.....you could try Loctite 638 or other adhesives that are compatible with nylon and other plastics.
Do try and source a replacement part if you can.
John

Google rc car axle parts and then pick the parts you need.

Thanks guys, I will look at both these options. I must admit I didn't think I would be able to get a replacement part for it but I'll try.

Sponsored Links
I've done a Google search and can't find a spare part but interestingly , if I had a 3D printer there's plans readily available on line to print the exact part!!

If you go on your local Facebook Group and stick a post up I bet someone locally would be happy to make use of their printer.

Postage, send me a link to the file and I shall take a look.
No guarantees because it depends on the quality of the file and printer discrepancies.
White, red or black?

Wow, really thats really kind of you. Here's the link but not sure how good it is as I've no idea about 3D printing but would love to learn.

Hope fully print tomorrow. Any preference for colour?
PETG tends to be stronger than pla. Its the stuff they make lemonade bottles from and its waterproof. Pla tends to deteriorate when weathered.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm am impressed, the current part is white but to be honest whatever you can do for me will be immensely appreciated.

Okay, I have the files downloaded and sliced ready for printing in both pla and petg. I shall try to print them tomorrow between watching the rugby. I shall let you know how I get on.

Thank you so much, I can't say how greatful I am and my son is super excited. Good luck with the rugby.

To answer. Plastic needs to be hot melted to make a good fix Vs glue. That's not always possible.
Getting an offer to print part though. Amazing...(y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back