Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well, that was a big success. Not.

However, I have two questions for the moderator who locked the topic:-

1. Why did you lock it?
2. Why is it necessary to ask you why you locked it in order to find out?

Sponsored Links
It was probably locked because of that one ages ago that joe-90 continued for what seemed like weeks and weeks, upset a lot of people and even got a German neo-nazi, sorry, "Holocaust Revisionist" to join the forum. Do you remember?

Not really. I remember some fuss afterwards but I missed the meaty parts of the topic and it was deleted wholesale (rather than edited), so there's nothing to learn from it now.

Curiously, the way that some topics used to be deleted is much like the way the leading Nazis were murdered, thus losing any attempt to quiz them in later years when we needed to.

Sponsored Links
It was probably locked because of that one ages ago that joe-90 continued for what seemed like weeks and weeks, upset a lot of people and even got a German neo-nazi, sorry, "Holocaust Revisionist" to join the forum. Do you remember?

Perhaps, but I am sure you will agree that your suggestion is simply conjecture. I agree with Softus, if a mod has the right to lock a post, then we as registered members should also have the right to know the reason why. Of course the mod could come back with "If you're not happy contact Admin direct" but this is a far from satisfactory solution. Better to tell us why and who knows, we might even agree with the locking and avoid the same mistake in the future.

PS I was keying this in unaware that the mods had posted the reply above.

you dont have any rights its a privately run forum :rolleyes:

Any chance that you mods could give us a list of what is suitable or does it just depend on the time of the month with you lot?

Can anyone tell me why it is unacceptable to question the way a certain part of history is recorded? And does anyone agree that a person should actually be imprisoned for asking those questions? (In Austria/Germany/Romania).

Thank you mod 4. Why didn't the 'other mod' say why he deleted it then? You just have!

Moderator 4 said:
The topic was deleted by another mod as it was deemed unsuitable for the forum. Dont try and resurect it or it will be simply deleted.
Leaving aside the utterly unnecessarily threatening overtone to your post, at least we have an answer to the first question.

Please tell me which moderator locked it so that I may ask him/her why it was locked without any explanatory note.

If you have a problem with it e-mail admin directly
Tell you what - why don't you Email Admin directly?

I don't believe the London Blitz happened. Or Hiroshima. Does that make me a bad person?

Moderator 5 said:
I locked it.
Thank you for letting me know.

I did not wish to get into arguments about should have/shouldn't have

I still don't.
Nor did/do I.

I'm merely asking why it was silently locked, i.e. without any explanatory comment. I thought the days of doing that had vanished along with Moderator 2 (aka "MOD 2"). :?:

You're right joe. We're all part of the Matrix. Reality is an illusion and I'm not really sat at my p.c. typing this.

Quote from Mod 5: "It was me that locked it", followed by the reasons why. I now agree with your decision to lock the post Mod 5, but I also agree with Softus that the reason should have been given.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back