Is there anything I can use to stop a leaking joint?

Quite want to run away and hide at this point with all the personal stuff ... but...

Lucy
Yeah , it`s the Gas* fitters *here . They think they are Ph D`s but they couldn`t fit a condom..let alone bother to buy one

Sponsored Links
Job done - no problems...

(Ok I'm lying - I did have a bit of flood - drained down from this rad ...couldn't access bleed properly (screw driver kind but too close to the wall) - decided to unscrew the whole the bleed valve ...water came out rather faster than anticipated and bleed valve and draining point were on opposite sides of the radiator...glad it is on the ground floor and I don't have posh carpets...)

Also there was quite a lot of swearing involved as I couldn't get lockshield valve nut to screw back on ...think olive might have been a bit wider than original one ...

Boundless respect to all plumbers out there...

But it is done now and can't find any leaks :D (and I even moved the bleed valve so that I can access it with a screwdriver -but guess I should just have got a key)

So a massive thank you for all the advice....can't wait for the next one to start leaking!
:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back