Is this a fault

Tony, I presume the OP means the large magnaclean attachment that fits with the powerflush machine.

Do a Dr Drivel and google it :LOL:

Sponsored Links
The engineer knows what was used and rates it.

the part has been changed, but no crud was visible. it will be some crud though and not a fault. i carried out the exchanger for him and tipped it into the drain - nice clear water.

the magnaclean on the system was cleaned while i was in the loft and inhibitor added. the magnaclean had a bit of crap on it, so its doing its job.

my whole point is, basically from this experience you cannot trust an old heating system. Even a good clean will not be good enough. it looks as though the power flush we gave it was not enough.

the engineer said if the water was black or dark he would still have replace the HE, but would have asked for a power clean be done first.

anyway i have learnt a lesson today - i will change rads if very old and do a longer power flush.

our friends have just had their boiler changed and the guy didnt do a clean. i think he added the sludge remover. i have told them whatg has happened to me and recommended they get a magnaclean. 5yr guarentee on their ferolli boiler though.

there doesn't have to be any dirt in the system to cause this fault. Usually caused by installers leaving cleaners such as X800 in the system. After a period of time it strips the lining of the heat exchanger. Its very difficult(virtually impossible) for the manufacturer to prove this, even if a water test shows up cleaners still in the system, so they often replace free under warranty.

Well he did say he left X800 in the system for FOUR weeks.

He says he used a Magnaclean to do power flushing !!!

He then admits it was not power flushed enough.

As he has been unable to say how it was powerflushed or what ( if any ) chemicals were used, I seriously doubt if it was power flushed at all.

But then I have no reason to think there was anything wrong with the heat exchanger anyway.

Tony

Sponsored Links
it was power flushed with a magna clean. You are showing yourself up. it is a big machine which attaches to the flusher i think. obviously you dont know what you are on about.

i have learnt the important lesson that you cannot win sometimes. apart from changing the whole system or cleaning for longer. we had a powermax and i wonder if this system will have been more dirty than a combi?

is it correct to add another litre of inhibitor ever 2 years. i have never done this before but have been told it is a good idea.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back