Is this a scam

Sponsored Links
If I recall correctly there was something on the telly a while on consumer prog about some
Scam concerning generators being sold

not saying this is

they were coming out of Ireland

and we’re not Honda apart from the badge

You see a lot of this type of ads on Facebook, ridiculously cheap items in the states with free postage. Yeh OK., just try getting something or a refund. :cautious:

Sponsored Links
A slightly more 'innocent' explanation might be 'bait n switch'. Sorry, it's out of stock, but we have stocks of this one at £145.

A slightly more 'innocent' explanation might be 'bait n switch'. Sorry, it's out of stock, but we have stocks of this one at £145.
"So we have used your payment on your previous order as a deposit on this one. Just to remind you, our T&C's also state that deposits are non-refundable."

About 15 years ago I worked for a welding hire company doing the repairs as well as delivering sets to customers sites.
The manager went on a business trip to China and bought 10 small generators with Honda engines Asked me to give them a look over before putting them out for hire and straight away I told him he had been shafted as they wouldn't last 5 minutes. The rotor coils were not laced in or even varnished so I said once they start running the coils will move outwards due to centrifugal force. They will come into contact with the frame and literally just go bang necessitating a costly rewind. He put them on display for sale at £75 each, brand new bankrupt stock, no refunds, to be bought as seen. Sold all 10 and over the following weeks had 7 or 8 people come back saying they had blown up. Never paid any refunds. :LOL:

I don't see a problem?

I buy 1000's of generators from Honda @£180 ea to sell them on for £50.

Sponsored Links
Back