is this earth bonding correct?

T

thatbloke

i have just read that earth bonding in a bathroom should not go back to the CU.
this is how mine is bonded , is this correct?
i have no hot water pipes what so ever nor do i have a heating system , everything (bath.wc and sink) are within 3 meters of each other , this is the only plumbing in the house. all pipework is copper. the cu is 12 +/- meters away. there is a plastic coupling on the mains feed into the house by the wc.

earthbonding2.jpg

Sponsored Links
How's things in Sparta generally though, dear?

Lucia.

From the strange diagram, i can see you have two bonds. They arent correct, but then again nobodys gonna die.

What do you mean you have no hot water? And no other plumbing? :confused:

Sponsored Links
i haven't put in a hot water system yet Steve ,combi boiler wont be installed until the week after next and i haven't started putting in any pipework yet. this is a temporary arrangement in an extension until i sort out the main bathroom properly , i am plastering it and putting in a new floor etc etc.

what would be the correct way to do this then Steve? i will be calling the labc on monday to make an appointment for someone to come and have a look at it and i dont want them saying its wrong then walking away.

That link to the bath would be supplementary. If you have PEB's to gas & water (and any other services) and all circuits RCD-protected, you don't generally need supplementary.

The PEB to the cold water should be within 600mm of the stopcock, BEFORE any branch pipework. You should also have PEB to the gas pipe, within 600mm of the meter OR close to where the pipe enters the property, also before any branch pipework.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back