Is this insulation asbestos?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Is this insulation asbestos from a house, on the first photo there is also a white type of insulation mixed in with the other. It's a little wet from the rain as it's outside in bags.

Thanks
20201107_154650.jpg
20201107_155249.jpg

Sponsored Links
Impossible to tell.
Send a sample for testing is the only way to be sure.

If it does contain asbestos it's too late - as it's already been disturbed, shoved in random bags and left outside.

Asbestos don't burn so put a match to a bit.. Many insulation types don't burn either but asbestos glows. Not sure what you can tell from this but I tried on a few I was worried about. One turned out to be paper with fire retardant and did burn a little before going out. Years ago people put asbestos insulation on gas fires for a glowing effect. Crazy world

Get it tested, only sure way.

Could be Sheep Wool ? contaminated with plaster dust?

Ken

Sponsored Links
Thanks everyone, I thought it might be Rock Wool (the grey/beige colour insulation above). Didn't think sheeps wool was used as loft and/or cavity wall insulation.

Here is a closer photo of the white insulation material:
20201108_123930.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back