is this legal?

Sponsored Links
Succint

I like it

sure that everyone doesnt want to argue the toss for pages and pages about it?

wouldnt be the site I know and love if we didnt

:)

Tony is right BTW but you idnt need me to tell ya

@:)

just checking some plumber told me you cant... i was like pffft yeah right!!!

Sponsored Links
it may not be possible to fit your particular choice in your loft, but there is no law that says you can not have any boiler in a loft in general.

just confirming that it was regarding a gas boiler.

and its a sabre 28 which is fine in the loft.

thanks for the input guys

i take it it has a fixewd light source and a solid working platform around it... that may be the plumbers objection

a gas technician may require fixed lighting, floor boarded and proper fixed ladder access. as per the building regs.
a plumber will put his foot through the ceiling, but wont be qualified to work on your boiler. ;)

[quote="WDIK";p="1103977"
a plumber will put his foot through the ceiling, but wont be qualified to work on your boiler. ;)[/quote]

I'm a plumber,qualified to work on boilers and have never put my foot through a ceiling ;)

your more than a plumber and you know it?

thats why you said it :LOL:

your more than a plumber and you know it?

thats why you said it :LOL:

Flattery will get you everywhere you know :LOL: Well I hope you were being complimentary,if not I'm thick skinned enough ;)

You have to have a gas isolator ouside the loft too. I don't know where it says so, but it's one of the ACS questions.
Do do do check what the boiler does if the pressure goes low. SOme self-destruct with no water in, and up there it'll be the first to go dry. It would be handy to have a pressure gauge and filling loop downstairs, perhaps in a cloakroom.
+ frost protection.

Perhaps he meant just dont fit a sabre. chris even though its a question in acs are you sure its a reg and not just a recommendation as thats what the dog told me when i checked up not so long back

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back