Is this normal? Please help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First post so please be gentle :LOL:

I’ve recently bought a house and wanting to use the garage as a workshop / gym.

The roofing membrane looks pretty nasty from the inside and there’s a few holes, plus it’s rotten away by a few inches at the gutters. I therefore want to replace it (myself) with a new breathable membrane (Klober Permo Air).

Few questions:

1. Should there be more overhang than this?

2. Is it normal that the battens end before they get to the gable wall, rather than resting on top of it?

3. Is it normal that the top of the battens are almost flush with the top of the wall?

4. Is it normal that the existing membrane stops before the gable wall rather than going under the tiled undercloak (if that’s what those dark tiles on the bricks are called)?

5. When I replace the felt, could I run the new membrane on top of the tiled undercloak and below the mortar that I’d use to bed the verge tiles? Or would it be better for me to just replace end the membrane where it ends now?

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    633 KB · Views: 58
  • Image 2.jpg
    Image 2.jpg
    406.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Image 3.jpg
    Image 3.jpg
    555.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Image 4.jpg
    Image 4.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 58
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back