Is this permission still in place?

Further, the swimming pool application is stated as being attached to the building, not a conversion of the building, so that implies that the Use Class of the building in question was not altered.

The issue is still the use [class] of the building, not any planning permission.

I'm waiting to receive the planning documents for the swimming pool. Although the pool building is attached to what was the shop, if there's any mention in the plans that the use of the building is to support the pool (changing rooms etc) then I'd consider that the class has been changed back to residential so therefore the previous class would be superseded by this.

The applicant wouldn't be able to change it back to a Class E shop without a change of use being granted, right?

Sponsored Links
Not how I read it. Post #7 seemed to confirm that we are talking about a change of use from a fish and chip shop. The mention of a swimming pool was that it was attached to the fish and chip shop - not that the chip shop had been changed. The OP would need to clarify?
The OP described the fish and chip shop room as being used for storage etc, if the planning application for the swimming pool included the building it is deemed to have a change of use granted for the purpose it was designed for, or is ancillary to, in this case the swimming pool. So the swimming pool use may well have been lost, but, as said, down to the OP to research.

Blup

The issue is still the use [class] of the building, not any planning permission.
Fish and chip is sui generis so use classes order is of no help. If the F&C use has been lost the use is the last actual use, here storage/changing ancillary to swimming pool. That might or might not help depending on the fall back position.

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back