Is this power lead and adaptor suitable for uk use - from china

Sponsored Links
Would of these adapters connect with the earth on the lead I have?
  • Converts 2-pin continental plugs with side swipe earth terminal to UK mains plug
  • Rated at 240V, 13A, 3120W maximum
  • Product is earthed and fitted with a 13A fuse

Attachments

• schuko-to-uk-mains-adapter-13a.jpg
    schuko-to-uk-mains-adapter-13a.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 112
Sponsored Links
May be this one would be better but i dont think i have one of these about.

Attachments

• adapter.jpg
    adapter.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 98
The white one would do but I don't know what stops you putting the plug in upside down other than it would be upside down.

Has the black one got a fuse?

However - CUT OFF THE EUROPEAN AND FIT A UK PLUG.

Both of those adapters would be OK, but why o why, don't you just buy the correct lead fitted with a UK plug? You might even have one from an old kettle, computer etc.
Or cut the shuko plug off the one you have and fit a UK plug.

Dont worry i will , its just i asked on another forum and another machine user suggested maybe just a 3amp lead but on here 13amp,and then im told they are only rated to 10a. Because of this confusion i have asked the seller to supply the correct connection if they can because iv now noticed other people from the uk who bought this machine have the correct connections for uk use.

Dont worry i will , its just i asked on another forum and another machine user suggested maybe just a 3amp lead but on here 13amp,and then im told they are only rated to 10a. Because of this confusion i have asked the seller to supply the correct connection if they can because iv now noticed other people from the uk who bought this machine have the correct connections for uk use.

The fuse in the plug is to purely protect the cable. The appliance has its own fuse as your first picture shows. Therefore 10 or 13 amp in the plug is OK.

The fuse in the plug is to purely protect the cable. The appliance has its own fuse as your first picture shows. Therefore 10 or 13 amp in the plug is OK.

Really? The cable in the picture says 0.75mm² on it! I wouldn't want to fuse that at more than 5 amps.

Thats great to know , i still got to learn some more about this machine before trying it out,some different software etc to learn. I got myself a new multimeter and been learning about testing for continuity, also got a socket tester as well and found a faulty socket in my home.

Another question if you don't mind.
There is a small extractor fan that comes with this machine,it is separate from the machine.
It has the same schuko plug and is wired into the fan with a brown wire,blue and green/yellow wire.
If i cut the schuko plug off and just add a proper uk plug would that be ok?

The reason i asked if that is ok is because the fan has two small boxes on it and I think this means double insulated.
If I add a plug the fan will be earthed and double insulated. Is that safe?

Really? The cable in the picture says 0.75mm² on it! I wouldn't want to fuse that at more than 5 amps.
And yet that same lead has a Schuko plug which is typically protected by a 16 amp circuit.

Another question if you don't mind.
There is a small extractor fan that comes with this machine,it is separate from the machine.
It has the same schuko plug and is wired into the fan with a brown wire,blue and green/yellow wire.
If i cut the schuko plug off and just add a proper uk plug would that be ok?

The reason i asked if that is ok is because the fan has two small boxes on it and I think this means double insulated.
If I add a plug the fan will be earthed and double insulated. Is that safe?

Well a Schuko plug is earthed anyway with its proper socket so what is the difference? Why should earthing a double insulated appliance be unsafe?

No, me neither.
There is a discrepancy between 7671 and the codes observed by manufacturers and the ESC, which suggests 0.75 conductors of an appliance lead can be protected by a 13A fuse (up to 700W 3A, over 700W, 13A).

I have long battled with this with my bosses, but I argued I worked to 7671, not the other code.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back