Is this right or is it a fault with my board?

The house was rewired in July and the pendant (normal type) in the dining area of the kitchen/diner is 3.2m from the edge of the sink so hopefully this is ok regarding safe zones?
how close to the drainer is it and is the washer outlet hose anywhere near?
The spark fitted a proper safe zone moisture resistant jobbies in the kitchen.
I would expect that from a plumber but some sparks are dirty berstards!
I have another question - would adding a connector block to the light (to facilitate connection) be part p notifiable as in it may be deemed to be a "permanent change to exisiting wiring"? or am I reading too much into it
I dare not say, in case the big bad wolf pounces!

Sponsored Links
a pregnant partner is better than a pregnant widow. Be careful, even if the shock doesn't kill you the fall of the step ladder could put you in hospital.

Sponsored Links
so is it ok?
There is absolutely no problems with the light fittings you have mentioned concerning IP ratings, other than the one that is installed out of the window.
;)
I have another question - would adding a connector block to the light (to facilitate connection) be part p notifiable as in it may be deemed to be a "permanent change to exisiting wiring"? or am I reading too much into it
A little more info please.

the earth wires wouldnt fit into the connector block so i have used a bridging wire from another connector block to facilitate the continuity

all seems ok and is sheathed properly

We have gone through this before on another thread, I think. Something about 6.00mm cable that could be 2.5mm or even 1.5mm.
If so, that's fine as the connection was made within the fitting and accessible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back