is this right?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i just wanna know if i got this correct.

in my living room i have one light in the centre which is control by a one way switch.

at the switch it just has the feed and switch line.

i am now going to incorporate 2 side lights so i was just gonnaloop the side light..i.e.

1----------------2-------------------switch

(hope you understand my drawing above)

and when i get my cable at the switch it will mean i ahve two sets of cables.

i will purchase a 2gang switch.

DIAGRAM :d

switching

please note 20 which is here

Sponsored Links
You need to break into the circuit for a neutral. Best thing is to break into a live loop circuit cable with a jb, then from the jb run a T & E to the lights and one to the switch. Wiring diagrams are in the reference sticky at the top of this list.

i cant get to the light in the centre but im running in another lighting circuit any hows so i'll prob use that as my first point..

is there any way other way?

How are you running in another cable? It would be best to feed the new lights from the same circuit as the existing ones...

Sponsored Links
mini2 - if you've been training to be an electrician for 2 years, then I think you should wake up and realise that the topic is completely beyond you. The questions that you are asking here show that you do not have a clue.

And please don't come back with any of that b*ll*cks about doing mainly commercial/industrial, not domestic. If you had the slightest bit of ability then after two years of commercial/industrial you would not be coming here asking numbnut questions like

"do i need to get a special transformer so i can make the fan come on with the lights remembering the lights are 240 and fan is 12v"

"if the fcus are on the ring(switched fcus) if i turn that fcu of will it just kill power to my fridge/washing machine or will it kill the rest of the ring as well"

And it seems that you are working as an electrician in this country whilst unaware of the laws relating to it.

Please look for a less intellectually demanding career.

ban-all-sheds said:
mini2 - if you've been training to be an electrician for 2 years, then I think you should wake up and realise that the topic is completely beyond you. The questions that you are asking here show that you do not have a clue.

And please don't come back with any of that b*ll*cks about doing mainly commercial/industrial, not domestic. If you had the slightest bit of ability then after two years of commercial/industrial you would not be coming here asking numbnut questions like

"do i need to get a special transformer so i can make the fan come on with the lights remembering the lights are 240 and fan is 12v"

"if the fcus are on the ring(switched fcus) if i turn that fcu of will it just kill power to my fridge/washing machine or will it kill the rest of the ring as well"

And it seems that you are working as an electrician in this country whilst unaware of the laws relating to it.

Please look for a less intellectually demanding career.

im sorry for asking questions but you know wot thats how you learn

im sorry you got a problem with me and im sorry i dont pick thigns up as quick as you but you know wot

i dont give a flying f***

so make you can go suck on my big toe

thank you for the others who havehelped out

You just don't get it do you.

You have been studying, and working as an apprentice for TWO YEARS, and you know less than the average DIYer and you can't work out for yourself how to do trivial things like connect up a fan.

I'm sure you mean well, but this really is not the job for you.

Reminds me of a proverb, goes something like "the fool should keep quiet, then people might think he is wise".

I've only had 7 days training but I don't have any need to ask these types of question.

If you really are that incapable after two years you did ought to consider is this the right career. People's lives are at steak.

mini2, why not connect all the lights in series, then you wouldn't need a neutral, and they really would suit you.....
a bit dim

Paul Barker said:
Reminds me of a proverb, goes something like "the fool should keep quiet, then people might think he is wise".

I've only had 7 days training but I don't have any need to ask these types of question.

If you really are that incapable after two years you did ought to consider is this the right career. People's lives are at steak.

some thigns im not to sure about i like to ask..coming from someone who has done a 7 day course i think people should be more aware of you.
i come on here for a bit of help advice to when it comes to house bashing and i feel im just getting picked on.
doing my apprentership for two years. i do know alot but certain thigns like i asked about since i dont cover it all the time im not confident in saying this is how it is done etc i like to get a confirmation that what i say is correct.

regards

mini2 - i knew how to do what your askin BEFORE i even got my apprenticeship. and thats the basic stuff you learn in 1st year

paul baker.....hmmm

andy well done mate but the course im on jtl..is a goverment underfunded s***** programme

guess we'll all getting thought differently

but what im finding outon this site its like..

im better than you i done this blsh blah

im just getting information plz

mini2 said:
andy well done mate but the course im on jtl..is a goverment underfunded s***** programme

and?

im on a similar course. so stop your moanin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back