Is this the most expensive car park in uk

Excessive parking charges, generally, are not a result of the free market; quite the opposite. They are either a restricting mechanism or a rip off.

Do you know what a free market is. You are confusing it with some notion of fair value ergo labelling it as rip off.

A free market is a lack of regulation or very little regulation. You seem to think that free markets is competition when that is something different.

Sponsored Links
Do you know what a free market is. You are confusing it with some notion of fair value ergo labelling it as rip off.
Ah. I see Bolton Abbey is owned by Cavendish, Duke of Devonshire so I admit I made a mistake in assuming it was just a ruined church which people wishing to view were being ripped off by a car park company - council or managers.
Instead it is a ruined church being exploited by Cavendish who is ripping off people wishing to view it thanks to theft and an accident of birth.

So, in that respect, I will concede that you are correct and, as things stand, he is allowed so to do.
Plus, as such, I think it unlikely that pedestrians would not be charged.

However, there are places in Britain which are as I have been thinking. That is public areas where the Council will exploit people by imposing parking charges which sometimes will be excessive.

So, people, boycott Bolton Abbey.

Er... no.
On a sunny day its a very nice walk near it, we are planning on taking the dogs at some point as they will enjoy the river.
We will not park in the car park though.

Although the thread on another site linked above suggested that if your eating at the Cavendish then parking is free.

Sponsored Links
Back