Is this work acceptable (pics)? Central heating system.

Agile/Alec....two professionals that neither know if they've just made up some info or got it confused with something else.

Don't you think it worthwhile getting your facts right before calling the quality of someone else's work.

Sponsored Links
Agile never checks before typing.

To be fair to both of them the install does look crap.

What it looks like is one thing, quoting crap about what fittings you can and can't use because of this that the other is another thing.

These two are supposedly industry professionals with thousands of posts trying to help the general public but all they do add to confusion.

Sponsored Links
What.. Lee you should know that" I think" means what it says...why are you so quick to

No professional knows everything, and this that say they do probably don't!!

What.. Lee you should know that" I think" means what it says...why are you so quick to

No professional knows everything, and this that say they do probably don't!!

you are right Alec,BUT a true pro knows how to look and find the relevant information BEFORE he commits pinkies to keyboard. ;)to the op it is a
rather poor attempt at plumbing.

I agree thats why I said I Think..in most people's vernacular that means I may be wrong

The polypie guide does somewhere say all joints should be accesable IIRC. its a moot point as to whether under the floor is accesable...

What it looks like is one thing, quoting crap about what fittings you can and can't use because of this that the other is another thing.

These two are supposedly industry professionals with thousands of posts trying to help the general public but all they do add to confusion.

Which is why they had to be reprimanded in the CC. I see they are still causing issues. It will be dealt with.

Is it just me or pic 3 and 4 look like one pipe, serving both LSV and Thermostat rad valve from same pipe? :confused:

Dan.

You make a good point there stardanny, it certainly looks as though its connect wrong.

Need a zoomed out pic so we can see both ends.

... telling DIYnot will not solve your concerns ...
I disagree there.
The OP has come here because it "doesn't look right" to him, but as he's not a plumber he can't be sure - and he can't speak authoritatively to the tradesmen involved who (I suspect here) are likely to take the attitude "been doing this for donkeys years mate, don't you start getting ideas about telling me how to do my job". So he's asking for an opinion, and back up, so that he has a better idea when talking to the trades - and hopefully is better able to avoid some of the more common fob-offs.

i would be more concerned OP what stardanny has spotted. it almost certainly looks like the layout is wrong. this aint the work of a proper installer no way. sure the builder aint trying to cut cost doing the system himself. if so, feel sorry for the poor sod whos gonna sign that off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back