Is your work slowly killing you?

Do you feel your work is adversely affecting your health?

• Yes

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had my fair share when I was a single guy ,It was lifestyle drinking,I have a different lifestyle now
Drinking at work means your way down the slippery slope it can only end in tears from there

Sponsored Links
Luckily I don't really drink, but yes I suppose it is killing me softly. It takes about 4 hours for me to get to sleep because as soon as it goes quiet I think about stuff. Current worries are;

Mill Green Building have just gone bump owing us a fortune
About to start legal proceedings with a £7.5k non-payer
Lost out on a major contract on Monday
One guy still on sick leave
Another guy doing something I can't say
Driver blew up engine on new Transit last month, 5 weeks of hire charges so far
Ordered 4k's worth of sable fascia for Mr X, he says it's the wrong kind of cream colour despite agreeing on the swatch colour
Just about every insurance renewals are due this month
The snow in Feb cost the business over 10k
About to go to small claims court with Staffs council about pot hole incident!

Other than that I'm absolutely fine :cool:

Never mind, your missus has got a good job.

Sponsored Links
I'm guessing yours is a Merc then Mw Roofline? ;)

Well it seems to me that there is certainly enough evidence to show this is a very real problem; as I guessed :cry:

In my own field it’s plain to us all, here, but of course the media wouldn’t want you to know what’s truly going on with your health service....

Bottom five ranking scores

KF11 Percentage of staff suffering work-related stress in last twelve months = 51%!

KF21. Percentage of staff reporting good communication between senior managers and staff = ~20%!

No fckuin’ surprise there!

I could write a book on it Mr Roofline. IN FACT I’m currently seriously contemplating blowing the whistle. I’ve nothing to lose; I have a job offer back in America. The B.S. in the NHS is suffocating! I know it’s bad for us all in these austere times, some more than others. But if it’s true that you can judge a country by the way it treats the elderly and poorly – we are in big trouble!

Our staffing levels have halved! It’s like a ghost department. I half expect to come in one day and see tumbleweed rolling down the corridor. ‘They’ tell you the funding has been ring-fenced. ‘They’ tell you it’s just more streamlined, (LEAN), and care is the same as ever. But ‘they’ are telling the public lies!

My sister works at a Job Centre. She used to get praised for her hard work, for successfully getting people into jobs. But now she is constantly being chastised for not simply getting people off claiming and f*&k whether there’s any work for them.

This may polarise some folk here, about how it’s good to get scroungers off the system, but it’s so much more than that I can tell you. She’s on happy pills, like others in her dept. Luckily, she may retire soon I hope – before it kills her. :cry:

Maybe some here who are sadly unemployed can relate to this? As someone said earlier, being unemployed is just as depressing for those who earnestly and honestly want work. I was unemployed once, a long time ago, for nearly a year IIRC. I remember it well. The first few weeks were quite good, like a holiday, I’ve escaped the rat race an’ all that. Trouble is, even if you win you’re still just a rat, so after a while I was going up the wall!!!

Unable to afford anything, feeling like I’m not a part of normal society, unable to see and treat my young daughter like I used to. It was a very dark period in my life :( and sometimes I have to remind myself, and others, just how lucky we are to be in any work.

But that’s not to say one should have to put up with seven shades of $h1t for the privilege!

Rant over...

I thought I had landed my dream job, one I had wanted for 10 years+ but could never go for.

But now it's very stressful because of many factors, one being that the bosses don't seem to consider what I need to do in order to do the job.
It is also extremely varied in what I do so I rarely have a minutes rest because I have so many things to do.

That said, its still better than the bad place I was in before.

I thought I had landed my dream job, one I had wanted for 10 years+ but could never go for.

But now it's very stressful because of many factors, one being that the bosses don't seem to consider what I need to do in order to do the job.
It is also extremely varied in what I do so I rarely have a minutes rest because I have so many things to do.

That said, its still better than the bad place I was in before.

WTF are you going on about? :confused:

I have a job offer back in America.
Worded like you've worked there before...
Yes, for quite some time. Fell in love and nearly got married to a wonderful gal. We still keep in touch, as indeed I do with my ex boss & friend, and others...

Is your daughter married and living away now? Is America do-able?
Yes and yes.

Couldn't be a better time to go really...
I would mate, but my sis means the world to me and she's quintessentially English. So long as I'm solvent, and if I can stand the G.B. B.S., I'll stick it out, for now....

The stress of the job joe.

Like the thread topic.

I'm a non-drinker, haven't drunk for 30 years. Not even socially. (I haven't got any friends. :cry: )
I'm sure you've got loads of friends on here - though with some of them, who needs enemies? :D
If he didn't act like a troll with provocation and wild accusations he'd have many more I'm sure. For myself, I don't bear a grudge. If he, or anyone else, makes a good/fair point I'll give credit where due. If someone talks crap they should expect a sharp rebuttal...

Sponsored Links
Back