Prison doesn't work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ken Clarke,openley admits prison doesn't work,people are not going to like that! Even thought iv'e been there, i'm loving this situation they(gov) are putting themselves in.

He did say though, on release, employ them, i know no one should have prority today, but it still happens. but, that is the best thing ever said, employ them, i know a couple of smackheads,decent lads, every penny goes on the gear, but they work for it.

Why the fook steal and go to prison when there's no need?.

Nice speech Ken, put it in practice.

Sponsored Links
The govenment are clearly dillusional, as to what to do. Knife crime is up, but anyone caught with a knife isn't to be imprisoned? But if someone uses a knife, they might be imprisoned? Totally regardless of previous statements?

So I walk round with a huge combat knife, that's fine, but if I use it, then I might be charged?

When is Civil law going to come into existance, as politicians DO NOT HAVE A CLUE.

Labour saying, we have a blank white paper, and are taking opinion from the public? WTF!

Government is in complete array, time for the people to say, we have had enough. a civil war.

I'll no doubt have the Prison Reform League up in arms ,,, but here goes.

Prison's should be a harsh environment, where Human Rights are left at the door on the way in. Prisoners are there to either be rehabilitated, or to be kept away from society. Christ, I know people who have been inside and they have told me the availability of drugs is better than it is outside.

They get 3 meals a day (there are pensioners who can only just afford one meal a day) Prisoners are kept in a nice centrally heated environment. There are pensioners who sit in the cold because they can't afford to put the heating on.

Can this be right and proper in today's society?

I think not.

Sponsored Links
It's time that all the home comforts were removed from prisons, a cell with a toilet, a wash basin, a bunk bed and barred window is luxury enough.
They should be forced to take on internal employment or education or lose all chances of parole or remission.

It's time that all the home comforts were removed from prisons, a cell with a toilet, a wash basin, a bunk bed and barred window is luxury enough.
They should be forced to take on internal employment or education or lose all chances of parole or remission.

People do take education, if it's available, and work, feels great, feels like you worth something for once, Home comforts, hmmm, never had it, but i know it helps to keep people under control, no going back now.

llkmn.jpg

Raebhoop

That sounds like the life of a Chelsea pensioner.

I know many seniors and I must say they live a bloody miserable life.
Their conditions would certainly be better for them in prison.

I'll no doubt have the Prison Reform League up in arms ,,, but here goes.

Prison's should be a harsh environment, where Human Rights are left at the door on the way in. Prisoners are there to either be rehabilitated, or to be kept away from society. Christ, I know people who have been inside and they have told me the availability of drugs is better than it is outside.

They get 3 meals a day (there are pensioners who can only just afford one meal a day) Prisoners are kept in a nice centrally heated environment. There are pensioners who sit in the cold because they can't afford to put the heating on.

Can this be right and proper in today's society?

I think not.

Feed all the drugs to the pensioners, (oh they already do), and keep the convicts drug free. In Victorian era, prisoners were made to do tedious tasks, like wind a machine, or move a pile of stone from one area, then back again, no benefit, but keep them active. If prisoners were on a health bracket, using weights, rowing machine, cycle machine, attached to the national grid, with targets to achieve, then the UK gets power, and the prisoners get a workout.

Sponsored Links
Back