Isolation valve fitted wrong way around

Type in full bore isolation valves, their internal diameter is 15mm against approx 8mm for standard ball valves

Sponsored Links
what's the flow like ?

Same as the old tap, slow, but OK for what it gets used for - brushing teeth mainly (new tap box states for use with both low & high pressure systems)

ps. as a backup in case I had issues with the isolation valve I closed the gate valve feeding cold water into bottom of hot cylinder but hot water continued to flow from taps and I could hear the cold tank refilling in the loft so guess its broken, only had it replaced about a year ago I think :(

Type in full bore isolation valves, their internal diameter is 15mm against approx 8mm for standard ball valves

OK thanks, guess no way of easily telling what has been fitted ? Special markings for a full bore?

Yep, they look different, look up full bore isolation valve, their body shape is fatter, it's reasonably obvious which ones you'll have.

shopping
shopping

Sponsored Links
Ah thanks, mine are all cheap standard ones then

Yep. Gotta go full bore- especially on gravity - any restrictions reduce the flow and the number of elbows in a run all have a cumulative effect.

Edit: or is that "depreciative" ?

afraid gate valves are notorious for failing to close ,and open. if you ever replace go for full bore lever operated,miles better .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back