isolator switch conversion ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to put a tv on our bedroom wall, trouble is there's no sockets on this wall and i don't want to go through the upheavel of removing floorboards etc.
On the other side of this wall is the isolator switch for the en-suite extractor fan which also supplies the power to two vanity unit spots, wired in by plumber when refitting ensuite.
Is it possible to tap into the supply and run a socket off this ( onto bedroom wall) and if so is it a job an electrical novice like i can do.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't have thought so as this will probably be on your lighting circuit. As for
wired in by plumber
I hope he's done everything correctly :rolleyes: Is there no sockets nearby that you can spur off of, either a JB in attic or cellar?

only lighting usually in the roof .. not usually a ring option .. lift a board it is easier than it looks .

Sponsored Links
Cheers guys,
Original extractor was removed in favour of an above shower with light extractor and the two spotlights in the vanity unit wired in to the point.
No other sockets nearby, closest one would mean having to take up chipboard t&g flooring and as carpet has been down two weeks and all floorboards drilled and screwed in place the mrs aint even contemplating this as an option.
Only other option is to run a channel up the far wall, into the loft and across the ceiling and to drop down the other side of the bedroom.
As the gable end is of plasterboard dot n dab could i drop a cable down the void and hope it falls to the back of the original socket where i could wire in and thus prevent cutting holes in the wall ?? or am i being very optimistic ?
Failing that it's gonna have to be a dirty big extension cable tapped onto the skirting and up the side of the wall........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back