3 amp fused switch and fan isolator.

upload_2020-6-29_13-46-29.png

Sponsored Links
That’s really helpful. Thanks very much for the advice, much appreciated.

335CC351-C1F3-4F5E-84E9-CE6F479B8918.jpeg

Attachments

• 52D08E51-2D93-4232-B0C1-0AC3875A6176.jpeg
    52D08E51-2D93-4232-B0C1-0AC3875A6176.jpeg
    357.6 KB · Views: 110
You must connect the supply earth wire to all the other earth wires.

What is the cable nearest the camera?

Sponsored Links
Hi, that is supposed to be the current light switch wire which runs from light switch outside the bathroom to the ceiling rose, that I am planning to break into. I will connect all the Earth wires together it was just a case of showing that I would be making them safe but keeping out of way so I could take clear pic.

Do you want the fan to come on with the light - or

as you are doing it - the light to come on with the fan - using the same pull cord?

On the fused terminals ( marked L in and L out) ,when the switch on that unit is OFF , is there continuity across both the terminals quoted ? In other words does it's switch isolate L in from L out ?

He is going by my diagram in post #16 above so that the switched live at the fan is also protected by the fuse.

I realise that ,but the switch alone doesn't appear to isolate the line ,one would have to remove the fuse. The unit appears to be triple pole isolator and fuse ,is it not ??

Hi, yes I do want the light and fan to come on together but not sure what you mean when you say light with fan or fan with light. As re the fused terminal, The way it’s wired, there is continuity in both wires when in the on position. When in the off position, grey neutral blue sleeve loses continuity but the brown continues to have it. The only way the brown live loses continuity when the flu is off is by removing the fuse.

I realise that ,but the switch alone doesn't appear to isolate the line ,one would have to remove the fuse. The unit appears to be triple pole isolator and fuse ,is it not ??
Do you mean he has wired it the wrong way round? I cannot make out the markings.

Hi, these are the fcu I’m using. In from the bottom, out from the top.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 130
Tom ,the unit that you have bought can't be wired EXACTLY as EFL's wiring diagram. It's isolation switch should isolate all three poles . Live ,switched live and neutral. As it's wired in your mock up ,the live is only isolated by removing the fuse.
So ,the live IN terminal receives the supply live (to the fuse) ,remove the existing two brown conductors from the L out terminal .you then need to fit a short link ,( use a short piece of brown insulated wire) between the L out terminal and the currently unused third pole of the switch ( marked L2 in)The two brown conductors go together in L2 out.
You will this way have fuse protection ,and switch isolation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back