Bathroom Fixtures.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I need to put an extractor fan(with pull switch) in my En-suite which contains a shower, basin and toilet. The fan will be put on the outside wall about a 1.5m away from shower next to a window. I understand the fan will require an isolating switch located outside this room? also I want to install a mirror with LEDs with combined shaver socket. This will be connected via a 3amp fcu. Can I fix the fcu and fan isolator at ceiling height(2.5M) outside the en-suit above the doorway? any info on the location of these would be great! yes I will be notifying for insp..

Sponsored Links
That is the normal location for the isolator, and you could put the fcu there as well. Before you get jumped all over by some of the experts on the forum i hope you are aware that installations in bathrooms are subject to special conditions, including notification to your local building control department?

Before you get jumped all over by some of the experts on the forum i hope you are aware that installations in bathrooms are subject to special conditions, including notification to your local building control department?

//www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:part P

Thanx very much.. I'll run the cables and get first fix inspected.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back