3 amp fused switch and fan isolator.

Hi, will try that. Can I actually use one switch to control both fans seeing as they are 3 pole switches?

Sponsored Links
Two fans ?? In two different rooms ?
If so , the answer is no.

Hi. Yes both in separate rooms. Can I spur from one switch to the other switch to give it a supply in?

I thought you had identified a seperate supply for room 2. If there isn't one ,take a twin and earth from your switched fused isolators supply cable ( L in and Neutral in terminals ,and of course connect the earth conductor to the supply cables earth Conductor ). And terminate into a second isolation switch for room 2.

Sponsored Links
I think you should start again stating how you want the fan to work.

If you want it to come on with the light (and run on after the light is switched off) then you do not need the pull cord switch at all - unless you want to be able to switch off the fan when the light is on.

Hi, I do want the fan and light working together as I have internal en suites that don’t have windows. I do need the fan to run after light is turned off and I know the fan I am using does allow it to do that. I’m using mf100t fans and these are the timer version.

I was under the impression that you were following EFL's wiring diagram ,which takes no account of a seperate light switch ,and that you just wanted a seperate switch for the fan. A switch for the ceiling light being a totally seperate entity.
But what you really want is one switch that will turn light and fan on ,and when switching it off ,the light goes off but the fan runs on under its timer. Is that correct ? If so ,you need to go back to square one for a new wiring diagram.
Is the light switch and ceiling light already installed and working ?

Both en suites have lights, one has an external light switch and the other has a pir inside. I’m possibly going to replace the external light switch at some point with another pir as the lights are always being left on and at the moment because there is no fan noise the light switch en suite has been left on from morning til night.

I think you have lost the plot Tom , or I have !!!! You want one switch to control both fan and ceiling light ,but your " mocked up" wiring is introducing a second switch ? Now you tell us that one en suite has a PIR sensor ,and you may possibly change the wiring under discussion , by removing the switch and fitting a PIR sensor at some point in the future !! Maybe you should get an electrician in to do what you want ,once you decide what that is.

Yes, maybe not the one I used though. Cheers and thanks for taking time to get back to me on this.

Both en suites have lights, one has an external light switch and the other has a pir inside. I’m possibly going to replace the external light switch at some point with another pir as the lights are always being left on and at the moment because there is no fan noise the light switch en suite has been left on from morning til night.

Modern LEDs take very little power. A PIR also takes a little power but it takes it 24/7 rather than when the lights are left on. You probably won't save much by having one. Plus you have the initial cost of installing it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back