Issue with 2 button toilet valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hope everyone is well.

My 2 button valve (I have attached pictures) in my toilet is letting a trickle of water into the pan constantly (it has been doing this for a few weeks now)

In the last 3 days the valve seems to be randomly sticking open and water just flows straight into the pan and never fills the tank back up.

When it does his the buttons are not stuck down at all and the only way to cure it is to press both buttons a few times and it seems to free up and water stops running into the pan and starts filling the tank back up as normal.

I presume that to fix both the problems I need a new valve but cant seem to find one that matches mine (I have attached pictures)

If I can find one that matches I presume its a simple replacement job I could undertake myself (I am not very DIY savvy)

Many thanks for your time

Attachments

• IMG_20220907_230406.jpg
    IMG_20220907_230406.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20220907_230413.jpg
    IMG_20220907_230413.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 24
Sponsored Links
Don't recognise that one. Toiletspares.co.uk may be able to identify and supply a replacement although it may be expensive. I would bite the bullet now and replace with a fluidmaster flush valve.
1662631433798.png

Available from Screwfix, Toolstation etc.
Its a bigger job which involves separating cistern from pan but once done, any future problems will be a quick cheap replacement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back