Issues surrounding new water feed being ran outside

W

willj23

I wondered if i could get some feedback regarding this issue.
I am currently renovating a property (for sale), and have moved the kitchen around which involved running a new cold/hot water feed to the new sink location.

However, the plumber i have got to move the feed has run both feeds outside and back into the house (approx. 50cm of Copper piping outside).
It would have been possible (as the bathroom is next to the kitchen and both feeds run from the bath/toilet) to run the feeds through the bathroom wall and into the sink (however would have required more work - which is why i think it wasnt chosen).

Now, i know it isnt best practise to run them outside due to potential risk of freezing but i wondered whether this would be acceptable - if lagged - particularly for re-sale.

Any constructive comments/thoughts would be appreciated, as im unsure as to whether to get the work re-done (or whether its actually necessary).

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I wondered if i could get some feedback regarding this issue.
I am currently renovating a property (for sale), and have moved the kitchen around which involved running a new cold/hot water feed to the new sink location.

However, the plumber i have got to move the feed has run both feeds outside and back into the house (approx. 50cm of Copper piping outside).
It would have been possible (as the bathroom is next to the kitchen and both feeds run from the bath/toilet) to run the feeds through the bathroom wall and into the sink (however would have required more work - which is why i think it wasnt chosen).

Now, i know it isnt best practise to run them outside due to potential risk of freezing but i wondered whether this would be acceptable - if lagged - particularly for re-sale.

Any constructive comments/thoughts would be appreciated, as im unsure as to whether to get the work re-done (or whether its actually necessary).

Thanks in advance

Decide if you wish to keep it and protect best you can. It can only be described as s*** workmanship though.

Sounds ridiculous. Why would you run a couple of inches of pipe outside? Might set alarm bells ringing about the quality of workmanship, when you come to sell.

Get him to put it inside. If it has to stay outside, then it will need to be really well insulated. Has he done this?

If we get another winter like the one we have just had, it could be a problem.

you'll have to post a picture so we can give the best advice :D

pretty please :D

Sponsored Links
If one of the pipes is cold water mains then its contrary to the Water Regulations.

Not all building surveyors or valuers would notice it.

Like the others I wonder about the quality of the work. Clearly he is not qualified in Water Regs and so is technically not even permitted to be installing mains water pipes!

Perhaps the rest of your renovation work is also of a poor quality being done by unqualified workers?

Tony

Note to Mod 11

Please note rule 42 "Do not make duplicate postings"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back