It should be an eye for an eye in cases like this.

Sponsored Links
It would appear yet again that money talks. May a similar 'accident' befall him!

Let's fervently hope so. If that had been my daughter he did that to it would have happened a long time ago.
Some of these asian people seem to think that they own their women, and have the right to do things like this. Much worse than animals.

"Khar, an ex-parliamentarian and son of a wealthy Pakistani governor, was eventually cleared of the attack"

Chance, pure chance.

Sponsored Links
Sharia law Where are you now .

The hell that lady went through, and these people want to use our country as their own?

'Some Asians' ? ......'These people' .....?

Like Huntley,Sutcliffe,Hindley,Brady, Bell,The Wests, Venables, Thompson ?

The list goes on....

If your logic is followed through where does that leave us?

Some White English people treat children like animals?

Sadly no one culture or country has a monopoly on evil.

Let's not use individual cases to feed a prejudice against a whole section of people, that way lies madness

Sharia law Where are you now .

The hell that lady went through, and these people want to use our country as their own?

Are you pro Sharia law? I'm sure you're not that ignorant to think that Pakistan is governed by Sharia Law?

'Some Asians' ? ......'These people' .....? Like Huntley,Sutcliffe,Hindley,Brady, Bell,The Wests, Venables, Thompson ? The list goes on.... If your logic is followed through where does that leave us? Some White English people treat children like animals? Sadly no one culture or country has a monopoly on evil. Let's not use individual cases to feed a prejudice against a whole section of people, that way lies madness
Sorry, that doesn't wash. It is normal in certain asian cultures to treat women almost as property, it is this attitude which leads to repression of women, "honour killings", and this kind of abuse. Dismissing wide held beliefs and practises as criminal behaviour is hiding your head in the sand.

I'm sure you're not that ignorant to think that Pakistan is governed by Sharia Law?
Officially or unofficially?

Or are you saying Pakistan is the absolute paragon of a peaceful democratic society?

peaceful or not, is not the question here. lets not turn my comment into something it was not.

I responded to a cheap shot at Sharia Law, where the country in question is not governed by it.

I responded to a cheap shot at Sharia Law, where the country in question is not governed by it.
Large parts of it are though, aren't they? According to this in wickipedia even the mainstream law is influenced by it.
Upon the list of the Dominion of Pakistan in 1947 the laws of the erstwhile British Raj remained in force. At no point in Pakistan's legal history was there an intention to begin the statute book afresh. During the reign of General Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq, elements of Islamic Sharia law were incorporated into Pakistani law, leading to the institution of a Federal Shariat Court (FSC). In some Federally and Provincially Administered Tribal Areas [(FATA) and (PATA)], a system of law employing traditional methods persists at the local level. At this informal level, disputes are settled by a jirga, a council of tribal elders.

Large parts of it are though, aren't they? According to this in wickipedia even the mainstream law is influenced by it.

Upon the list of the Dominion of Pakistan in 1947 the laws of the erstwhile British Raj remained in force. At no point in Pakistan's legal history was there an intention to begin the statute book afresh. During the reign of General Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq, elements of Islamic Sharia law were incorporated into Pakistani law, leading to the institution of a Federal Shariat Court (FSC). In some Federally and Provincially Administered Tribal Areas [(FATA) and (PATA)], a system of law employing traditional methods persists at the local level. At this informal level, disputes are settled by a jirga, a council of tribal elders.
[/quote]

Nope they aren't. The country has a democratic government. The legal system is made up of many courts High Courts, Supreme Court etc. None of these are governed by the Sharia. I'm sure they'll have family/Civil courts which work on Sharia principles for matters which don't concern anyone other than two parties / family.

Islam is the religion of majority to Pakistanis and Laws are influenced by Islam. But that doesn't mean every law complies with Sharia or is judged on Sharia principles.

Nice eloquently put worming there.
The FACT is sharia in the law IS in the country and sanctioned by its governing body.

Or can you prove this and give a link as we have PROVING the fact?

Sponsored Links
Back