It's official Gordie.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You and Ed Moribund (his advisor at the time), sent the country bust.

You established the FSA to regulate the industry - and then told them to 'regulate with a light touch' - i.e. let them do what they like.

FFS, if the people of this country ever put the Labour Party in control of this country again - then it'll happen again. We need Labour in power like I need leprosy of the penis. Nick Leeson was jailed for the collapse of a little bank - Gordie should get life for what he's done. He should be flogged weekly.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...regulation-blamed-for-rbs-crisis-6275882.html

Sponsored Links
Totally agree Joe - what I can barely believe is how anyone in the entire country voted for Labour at the last general election, after it was plainly obvious that they'd all but ruined the country. But then again, it's not that surprising - all the parties know that their core vote will never change, and it's winning the "floating voters" that is the key. The core will always vote the same way, time after time, regardless.

And the trouble with that is that floating voters know bugger all about politics - hence their floating status. One day they vote for the X factor. Next day for Strictly Dancing and next day to elect a government. "Oh I like 'im. I'm voting for 'im this time."

Its not all doom and gloom.....we have the comedy due of Cameron and Osbourne who will finish this country off!

Sponsored Links
Cameron and Osbourne inherited labours mess so I don't see how they can make things worse. If it gets worse then blame the limp lib dems.
They have just given the dole bludgers a pay rise to encourage them not to find work. Nice one. :mad:

They need to make deeper cuts to the unsustainable public sector if they are going to make any head way.
What their doing is only scratching the surface.
My first target would be the police and sack all unnecessary office staff who spend their days shuffling papers around. :mrgreen:

It is a fundamental right of any citizen of this land to vote. It might be an idea to test how much these "citizens" actually know so that they may prove that they are "citizens". As a citizen myself, I view it as a right to be governed by a party that has been elected by a electorate whom I consider capable to make such a decision.

Anyone who voted Labour at the last election IMO demonstrated complete ignorance.

Public sector workers shouldn't be allowed to vote imo.
There's too many of them and they can now practically hold the rest of the country to ransom.

It is a fundamental right of any citizen of this land to vote. It might be an idea to test how much these "citizens" actually know so that they may prove that they are "citizens". As a citizen myself, I view it as a right to be governed by a party that has been elected by a electorate whom I consider capable to make such a decision.

Anyone who voted Labour at the last election IMO demonstrated complete ignorance.

Also if you are not contributing to our countries wealth you do not get a vote, pensioners would be an exception and short term unemployed. :cool:

Public sector workers shouldn't be allowed to vote imo.
There's too many of them and they can now practically hold the rest of the country to ransom.

Just say that to the nice Police Officer you call when you get burgled or the staff nurse examining your broken leg...

The copper will still give you your crime number and the nurse doesn't speak English anyway.

Brigadier said:
what I can barely believe is how anyone in the entire country voted for Labour at the last general election

Easy! I always said that the Conservative party wouldn't be electable until there were a sufficient number of voters who didn't remember Thatcher. :evil: :evil: :evil: Moreover, since they didn't get a clear majority this time, I don't think that day has quite arrived yet.

and also said:
The core will always vote the same way, time after time, regardless.

Agreed. I like to use the egg box analogy. Not many people take a walk around the top of the box to see which is the best hole. Most are content to stay put in the same hole and will only think twice if you shake the box really hard.

joe-90 said:
And the trouble with that is that floating voters know b*****r all about politics - hence their floating status. One day they vote for the X factor. Next day for Strictly Dancing and next day to elect a government.

I can't quite agree with that though. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: Some at least are taking the trouble to think, unlike many 'core' voters who don't bother to think at all. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Having said that, too many people are inclined to vote for personalities rather than policies, as in --

and also said:
"Oh I like 'im. I'm voting for 'im this time."

Sad but true. :( :( :(

cantaloup63 said:

That's an interesting idea but a dangerous one. The day might come when you don't qualify! :eek: :eek: :eek: It's not so long ago that women were excluded on the grounds that they would just vote the same way as their husbands - and buried in that idea was the equally stupid assumption that every woman would necessarily have a husband. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

if our political parties were further apart in their policies then we would have something to vote for. so we have to vote for personalities, which is a pretty terrible state of affairs. as our politicians are some of the most faceless wet individuals to grace parliament.
cameron osborne clegg milliband

Well I didn't vote in the last GE as I was somewhat disenfranchised (20 year stretch in Belmarsh) .. Well a bit more boring than that my local MP is John Bercow, who I have to say as a politician (well speaker of the house) is OK'ish, if vertically challenged. As I'm sure I've said before, it is currently your right to vote, not your duty. However I firmly believe there should be a none of the above on ballot papers. Of course that begs the question of what to do in a majority none of the above situation? Well Belgium hasn't had a parliament for over a year :)

Sponsored Links
Back