It's time the players and FA stood against Racism

Should we go or not

• Total voters
I'll find the later.... Thank you
I'll save you the bother, Bodd.
Taken from a similar source as your article about the electrocuted migrant, which is based on the Guardian article, so it's second generation reporting, adding its own opinions. The media presented below is a media dedicated to sustainability.
According to Qatari authorities, 80 per cent of the Indian migrants who died did so as a result of “natural causes”. It’s suspected that this wording likely covers up many cases of cardiac or respiratory attacks caused by excessive heat or unsafe working conditions.

This troubling figure was revealed by UK newspaper The Guardian following an investigation into data from government sources in five nations from which the workers emigrated
https://www.lifegate.com/qatar-6500-workers-dead-world-cup
All other media outlets report second hand the findings of the guardian

But the findings are refuted by The Human Rights organisation.
Please don't misinterpret my comments.
I do care about workers conditions throughout the world, and H&S issues.
But misrepresenting data undermines the principle of fair, just and equitable reporting.

If you dig deeper, you'll see that some of the workers may have been inexperienced in working such climates:
The Guardian newspaper reports this week that more than 6,500 migrant laborers have died in the course of that work. We're joined now by Pete Pattison, in Nepal, who's one of the reporters who worked on that investigation. Mr. Pattison, thanks so much for being with us.
https://www.npr.org/2021/02/27/9720...ant-workers-have-died-in-qatars-world-cup-pre
The average temperature in Nepal is 27°
The temperature in Qatar can be as high as 45°

That article goes on to say:
Some of the deaths caused by workplace accidents, some are caused by road traffic accidents, some are suicides, but the vast majority are categorized as so-called natural deaths, which essentially means deaths that are sudden and unexplained.​

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
But some make out they do...

yes they all do till it hits em in there pocket ;) or impacts on there lives ;)

only really met one person (R I P) who stuck to a principle all his life and he was an old soldier we used to work for
who liberated POWs from japanese prison camps in WW 2

yes they all do till it hits em in there pocket ;) or impacts on there lives ;)
How do you think injustice affects people?
Social injustice creates conditions that adversely affect the health of individuals and communities. It denies individuals and groups equal opportunity to have their basic human needs met. It violates fundamental human rights. It represents a lack of fairness or equity
https://oxfordmedicine.com/view/10.1093/med/9780199939220.001.0001/med-9780199939220-chapter-1

Sponsored Links
Boris the in Parliament today.

"We made it absolutely clear that no-one should boo the England team”

Lies with impunity.

Now its Read Back Better - encouraging kids to go to Libraries so they can read over the summer. Tories shut 800 libraries in their austerity drive.

Tories hate young kids more than they hate the truth.

Now its Read Back Better - encouraging kids to go to Libraries so they can read over the summer. Tories shut 800 libraries in their austerity drive.

Tories hate young kids more than they hate the truth.

Can you pop over to the off topic threat Mottie started... I'll be there soon recommending DYNAMITE

Where does it say 6500 dead? That was your claim. The treatment is poor - but I can't seem to find where it backs up your claim - unless I missed something.

What is the magic number for you.... ????

I deliberately did not forward you a link with numbers as I know all you want to do is ridicule the numbers rather than discuss the problem....

Troll

Sponsored Links
Back