I've buried part of a water pipe under concrete - have I broken regs?

Can't you bury the pipe as long as it's in a sealed duct?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Isn't it allowed that we can burry the pipe as long as it's in a sealed duct?

No. With respect, I've quoted the actual regulations a few times now which explains that the duct must be accessible. I'm not sure how else I can get this across.

Book the inspection! You'll know what you have to deal with then. Have the option of the shorter connection up your sleeve in case you need it.

I believe that if the "fully qualified" plumber is WRAS approved he will be able to certify it for you, not sure about the bricklayer.

I can't see how I would have broken the rules with a fully qualified plumber and fully qualified bricklayer

Are you saying that (a) it’s impossible that these ‘qualified’ people did something that broke the rules, or (b) having employed ‘qualified’ people to do the work, it is them who have broken the rules, not you as the property owner?

I’m afraid that both would be somewhat naive.

Sponsored Links
Are you saying that (a) it’s impossible that these ‘qualified’ people did something that broke the rules, or (b) having employed ‘qualified’ people to do the work, it is them who have broken the rules, not you as the property owner? I’m afraid that both would be somewhat naive.
I've got to add this to "To Sort" list

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back