Can I concrete over blue MDPE water pipe with a join

I can’t see a joint either but there are a couple of 45degree bends on the other pipe, is that a ducting?
The other brown pipe is just venting for the air bricks so we don't block the passage of air underneath the two wooden floors in the two living rooms

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
I'm still failing to see the joint in the photos!
The join is further along the blue pipe underneath one of the living rooms that I want to concrete over

It is ducted........ Id be a little concerned about the toilet waste....
Yeah that fat pipe is ducting to connect up the air brick with the underneath of the other two living rooms with wooden floorboards and joists

Sponsored Links
If your able to pull the pipe that's under the concrete back out and pull a completely new length in then that seems the obvious choice of what to do.
The bit about the guy could not get it in, in a single continuous length may just have been that to do so required more work to do - what do you think about that bit?

So the blue pipe is inside the proper protective sleeve when under the concrete

The duct should be accessible and it isn't if it under concrete. You can ignore the regs if you like but it is technically wrong.

If your able to pull the pipe that's under the concrete back out and pull a completely new length in then that seems the obvious choice of what to do.
The bit about the guy could not get it in, in a single continuous length may just have been that to do so required more work to do - what do you think about that bit?
Would it be fairly straight forward to replace it?

I don't know.
Can you try?
your at the concrete stage now so its not too hard to redo some if you have to knock it out.
But first investigate if you can make it a single continuous run.

The duct should be accessible and it isn't if it under concrete. You can ignore the regs if you like but it is technically wrong.
You're talking about if it's got a join in it? So if this hadn't got a join in it you could bury the entire water pipe under the slab?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back