Can I concrete over blue MDPE water pipe with a join

Sponsored Links
Where is the join? I cannot see one.

Why has he put a join like that? perhaps he should have done that as 1 complete run.
What are you going to do it that joint ever leaks? (do not assume it never will).
Might be better to add some shuttering and box around the joint with a lid over it so you have access for maintenance.
Better still, replace the whole run so the joint is not in the middle of the floor.

I can’t see a joint either but there are a couple of 45degree bends on the other pipe, is that a ducting?

Sponsored Links
I have removed all of the lead water pipes from my house and replaced the mains connection that goes into the garden and then the street with a large blue MDPE water pipe and installed it.

In the kitchen I've buried it under the new concrete slab and I'm wanting to do the same thing in the living room on it's way out of the house but the plumber for some reason has done a cut and join of the pipe underneath the living room which at the moment has a floor board and joists floating floor but I want to replace this with a concrete and sand and cement screed floor

So my question is: Am I allowed to cover this MDPE water pipe joint?

https://pic.infini.fr/gallery#g6dZo...G,YR8Hibuh/iWdMJoQu.JPG,nRpDvt7s/qbI0FFlO.JPG

You can but shouldn't

Hello Tea Boy

I will not put any Mechanical fittings under floors or walls unless they can be maintained.
This is the problem I found on big sites in London. most of the workforce were uncomfortable in reporting or high-liting
poor workmanship and bad design.
I think more the reason were they where under-skilled and not confident enough to counter an argument with their reasons.

I had a Romanian foreman in charge of a bunch of lads, he reported back to me anything that was not right. More to do with his frustration and he knew I would send emails and make everyone aware of the said problem.

By the end of the job my emails save my boss lots of money.

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back