Jack of all master of none

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have noticed theres a certain number of Folks on here who think they know everything about diy building ect, If you really want to know the correct answer to your problems ask the correct tradesman,not a noseall or a jack of all master of nothing, \Beware/@)

Sponsored Links
A lot of people pass on there experience as well.
You get to know those that know what they are talking about.

fastneattrowel said:
I have noticed theres a certain number of Folks on here who think they know everything about diy building ect, If you really want to know the correct answer to your problems ask the correct tradesman,not a noseall or a jack of all master of nothing, \Beware/@)
Come on, that’s a bit rich! Most regular contributors on here, both trade & DIY, give up a lot of their spare time to pass on the benefit of their experience to others, isn’t that what this forum is about? It may not always be totally correct but there are very few regulars on here that would knowingly give bad advice. OP’s need to be beware (be aware!) by all means but don’t take the smug sideline & knock other that are trying, if you’re an experienced ‘tradesman’ & ‘know the answers’, you have the (welcome) opportunity to either correct mistakes or pass on your knowledge, so why don't you!

I don't get on too well with 'noseall' - but I rate his opinions highly. In my book he's never made a bad call yet.

Sponsored Links
Sometimes richard folks make it sound more difficult than what the job really is if they dont know what there talking about,thats my point,theres no need to get your knickers in a twist m8 its only a comment,As for nosealls I never realised there was such a ID on this site called that lol,

fastneattrowel said:
Sometimes richard folks make it sound more difficult than what the job really is if they dont know what there talking about,thats my point,theres no need to get your knickers in a twist m8 its only a comment,As for nosealls I never realised there was such a ID on this site called that lol,
Fully understand what you’re saying; sometimes posters do get it wrong & things are not as difficult as they may seem to the inexperienced but that’s what experience is about. I rarely comment on anything I’m not 100% sure of & apologies if my 'knickers got a little twisted' but you appeared to be having an unjustified dig at one of the regular contributors on here!

fastneattrowel said:
I really don't understand your problem fastneattrowel - personally I haven't come across anyone who thinks they know everything about building.

The forum self-regulates the advice given - if someone posts utter rubbish then they get set upon by other members who know better. There are a couple of trolls, but most people are genuinely helpful, even the ones who have regular disagreements with each other. ;)

joe-90 said:
I don't get on too well with 'noseall' - but I rate his opinions highly. In my book he's never made a bad call yet.
I can't fault noseall either :confused:

No i wasnt having a go at noseall he just happened to be some one called that,as it happens most of the things he says are correct i suspect,have a good day richard :)

I`m going to change my name to OldRichPlumber :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I can count the Days I`ve had another tradesman in to my house..... on my fingers+toes.....what`s left of them :eek:

fastneattrowel said:
I have noticed theres a certain number of Folks on here who think they know everything about diy building ect
Care to name names then? Or was this an unsubstantiated off the cuff remark?

I know everything like that people who work for BT are the lowest form of life on this planet

fastneattrowel said:
No i wasnt having a go at noseall he just happened to be some one called that,as it happens most of the things he says are correct i suspect,have a good day richard :)

Too late old chap, you've started digging your hole ;)

Now what prompted you to writing this thread? obviously something or someone has bothered you.

Well? :)

roofline how old are you,your acting like a kid whos looking for for a argument (digging my own grave) grow up muppet

Sponsored Links
Back